Chinese-Forums

Strawberries513

Hi I know that there are alot of Chinese learners on here that have Skype, and I just got it, but alas, I have no one to talk to!! there are plenty of native Chinese there, but I would be more comfortable with someone who was maybe at my lever or higher and can put up with all of my mistakes.. (note: i am a beginner/low intermediate)

my skype id: CaoMei513

If you want, people could simply Post their Skype names here so that others can find someone to practice with. If this whole thread is spam, my apologies. delete it immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I will soon have skype, but quick question: How can you talk between PC and Mac AND still use a web cam? Is there another program out there that will allow this?

It is said that skype has different versions for each platform, and it works well while the communication between different platforms is held. But I haven't tried that.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, just fyi, I've tried skype web cam between PC and MAC--seems to work pretty well. there are issues, but I think it's just the skype service and not tha tyou are talking between PC and MAC b/c I've noticed these same issues when I talk PC to PC.

If you use Trillian on a PC, you can do web chat with iChatAV on the Mac. In my experience, the Mac has to begin the session. Skype is a lot easier, and also has the benefit of being free (Trillian Pro costs something like $25 US).