Chinese-Forums

travel in chinese

Qiuyue

I suggest buying WM Recorder from www.wmrecorder.com which allows you to record Real video and Audio as well as Windows Media video and audio streams.(I don't think it works with Quicktime movies, but a lot of those you can download anyway) It costs $49.95 but I think it is worth it. Since I've bought it I've been able to record streams from China Radio International, CCTV, CNR audiobooks and listen to them offline. Even if the connection is bad you can still download the stream and play it. It is also simple and pretty user friendly.

Then you can go to CCTV and record any shows you want http://english.cctv.com/english/vod/index.shtml

You can record more than one show at once. Once in a while the thing screws up, but over all I think it's great and am really satisfied with my purchase.

That's awesome Imron, glad to know there's a free converter that actually works. i had tried a few free stream recorders and they messed up the speed on playback, that's why I broke down and bought one. I'll probably keep on using my wm recorder since I'm used to it and I already paid to it. I'll even try to convince myself it's better than your free one from time to time so I won't feel like a complete idiot.:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have tried this for a while now, and I think that although using SDP is fangbian, the sound quality isn´t what I had hoped. And also I realised CCTV haven´t put all the programs on the net yet. Its a shame cause it was really useful