Chinese-Forums

bilingual search (BETA)

trevelyan

This is a demo site that lets people search Chinese language news content using English keywords. This is probably most useful for people who want to read news on things like "monetary policy" or "Brad Pitt" but don't know quite how to say those in Chinese.

http://search.adsotrans.com

The backend is currently indexing a swath of content from major Chinese news portals. So it is basically searching the national Chinese press. I am going to keep the index relatively small (10,000 articles or so) as development work continues. But this should be enough for people to get a sense of what is happening in the press.

Feedback is welcome, as are suggestions on anything people would find particularly useful to index.

I found this site to be pretty helpful. What a wonderful idea. I know that when I am researching something, but I don't know how to say it in Chinese, I spend most of my time trying to figure out how to say it, and less time actually learning about the topic. Great site.

:)