Chinese-Forums

Getting a Taiwanese MacBook in the US?

koreth

I want to replace my girlfriend's old Windows laptop with a MacBook. Her current machine has a Cangjie/Zhuyin keyboard and I'd like her new one to have that as well just to make the transition as easy as possible for her.

Does anyone know how to get a MacBook with a Taiwanese keyboard in the US? For that matter, can someone confirm that the Taiwanese MacBook actually has Cangjie labels on the keycaps? I would assume so given how popular that input method is, but I've never actually seen one.

Thanks!

To my knowledge, Apple only will sell notebooks with English or Spanish keyboards in the US. You will probably have to order it from Taiwan and have it shipped to the US. Perhaps it has changed, but three years ago when I bought an iBook they would not arrange for an order with a Japanese keyboard. However, the good news is that Apple warranties are valid in any country where they sell Apple products. So as long as you can switch to an English interface, you should be able to take it to Apple stores and what not, I would think. Best bet is to call Apple and just see what they say.