Chinese-Forums

where to buy good microphones in Shanghai or Beijing?

kuuan

It's my first time in China and recently I had started with videography and audio recording as a hobby.

I had learned that there are very good microphones made from a Chinese company, which, if I am not mistaken, is called GE Electronics, and e.g. an American company called Sound Projects also is producing exclusively in China.

Trying to find a high quality microphone made in China I have checked many shops in Shanghai and in Beijng but all I have found was cheap and very likely quite bad mics from Chinese producers, mainly made for Karaoke purpose, not even 'good' copies like Octavas.

Can anybody tell me please where I can buy good quality microphones, either in Shanghai or Beijing? If so, even brandnames, models and approximate prize?

Andwhere could I find other, related products of high quality?:

E.g. I had found a range of wireless microphone systems, but all smaller ones were of quite bad quality and only for one channel = mono, the two chanel systems were all quite big and operated on AC power. What I am looking for however is a good quality, small, battery powered, two channel wireless system. Well, I could go for two one channel systems, but which is a good brand/product, andwhere to get it? Could anybody recomend a brand or/and a shop?

The third thing I'd love to find is a small, battery powered, two channel = stereo microphone pre-amp, if possible with variable gain control, plug-in power for the two mono or one stereo mic, bass roll off. Is there any product to be had that fit those requirements?

Well, I know these are quite specific questions, but when I read how good answers the Romanian looking for HI-FI Audia producers got I thought, who knows, maybe I am lucky.

thank's for any suggestion,

kuuan

• 5 weeks later...

Sometimes it might be inappropriate to post messages here - for example I want to refer to another forum where you might get more help for your question - but if you dont allow private messages or emails, I either have to post it here or not at all.

come to think of it, there's a similar road in beijing - i think it's xin jie kou (新街口南大街). but it could be xisi bei da jie (西四北大街) - the continuation to the south. further south down xisi, there's loads of stores selling electronic components, which might be worth a look too

if you dont allow private messages or emails

Those are global restrictions applied to new members. Links to other forums are welcome, as long as its a direct link to the info requested.

I'd try the streets onebir suggests - lots of music / audio equipment stores.

Those are global restrictions applied to new members. Links to other forums are welcome, as long as its a direct link to the info requested

OK, sorry. I didn't realise this.

I cannot give an exact answer but I was suggesting that the question is asked on a different forum as there are experts there and who live in Beijing who probably know that kind of thing.

Of course, if there are ppl here who know too, thats great.