Chinese-Forums

deodorant in china, specifics

randall_flagg

OK, I read all the deodorant posts and I am still at a loss. I know I can buy this stuff in China, but so far I've only found the role-on stuff, which I think is pretty digusting. As far as sprays go, I've only gotten a tiny and insanely expensive little thing at Carrefour (Jialefu). So, any recommendations as to where I could by something a bit better? Specifically in Beijing or Dalian. I don't care about the smell or anything, but I am a "deodorant maniac", so I'll need loads.

Thanks,

Randall

Got to Jenny Lou's, think most of them have it, but the one at Sanlitun north near the greek restaraunt definetly used to....behind the counter think they have Old Spice Anti-Persperant...The only spray I found in Beijing

Last time i went to Watsons they didnt have any spray deodrants for men. Only womans..??? Dont know if Jenny Lou's has a Chinese name. this is the details for the one i went to.

Jenny Lou's supermarket

Tel. 6461-6928

Area: Sanlitun North Street

Address

6 Sanlitun Beixiaojie, Chaoyang District

三里屯北小街6号

hope it helps

thanks for your input, everbody! i think i'll head over to Watsons today. even if they haven't women's only...i'm in dire straights! i mean, this stuff only smells for a few minutes anyway, right? and in those few minutes....I FEEL PRETTY O SO PRETTY....

I would guess the womens stuff would work, just perhaps require occasional reapplication!

Really, you thought the roll on stuff is nasty? I think the 发 (fa) roll-on in the glass bottle smells pretty good! You can pick from a variety of flowery, spring, or ocean-like scents...

If you are really desparate, which you said you were, just get one of the chinese-forum's peeps to import some deoderant for you and give them the cash! It could become a whole deoderant import ring...afterall school is starting up and it's small enough to fit a few extra in luggage! worst case scenario they end up with extra deoderant

I was in Beijing in the summer of 2005 and it so happened that I forgot my Old Spice deodorant in HK. I tried the Watson right outside of Qinghua's side gate and they only had the rolled on "Fa" brand. It smelled like crap and it wore off after 30 minutes, but it was better than nothing.

Lesson #101: You can forget to bring your digital camera, laptop and underwear, but don't ever forget your deodorant when you go to Beijing at the start of the summer.