Chinese-Forums

Pinyinput - Type Pinyin with Tone Marks

imron

• 2 weeks later...
When I type in notepad with Pinyininput, copy to WP, then it does not come out properly.

Problem with WP?

It seems likely. What if you try copying and pasting into another program e.g. when composing a post/reply in your web-browser?

It might also just be a font issue with WP what happens if you select the text and change the font to a Unicode font such as Arial MS Unicode?

Finally, in the Pinyinput settings do you have the "combining diacriticals" option selected? Try changing it to the opposite setting to what you have at the moment and see if it makes a difference (turning combining diacriticals off is usually the better option).

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure. It should be in the lower-right hand corner of the taskbar. Try pressing Alt-Shift, which will change the currently selected input language. It may force the language bar to appear if it was hidden when it was minimised.

Well somehow I was able to get the Pinyininput toolbar and my microsoft tool bars to both appear, not really sure how I was able to get them, now my problem is that when I type a word and then type the tone number the tone appears over what ever the last letter types is, not where the tone should be. such as Haǒ or chanǵ as you can see the tone should be over the "a" in both cases.

how do I fix that????

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

This program is really great, especially for Chinese teachers. On behalf of them still a question: Would it be possible to develop a tool, where the pinyin (each syllable) can be added centered underneath the character. This would be great to make professional looking worksheets. Right know, we use the program, but we have to center the pinyin underneath by hand for every character, which often still doesn't look professional. In most Chinese textbooks the pinyin appears in this centered way. We found one chinese program that can do it, but we can't use it on an english XP-version (only Chinese one). The name of the program is 实用汉字转拼音 (ShiYongHanZiZhuanPinYin). Please let me know how much it would be to develop such a tool as we would be glad to use it asap :D!

Thank you!

Microsoft word can actually do this for you already :clap

See for example these threads:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/2171-instant-chinese-character-to-pinyin-conversion-in-ms-word

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/5395-how-to-convert-long-chinese-texts-into-character-and-pinyin-ruby

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/13504-ms-word-2007-cannot-get-pinyin-with-phonetic-guide

Also, in XP, if you use Microsoft's AppLocale utility, you should be able to run programs designed only for Chinese versions of XP on English versions of XP.

Hello!

The problem is that Microsoft Word writes the pinyin as far as we tried it out only on top on the characters and not below and unfortunately the pinyin in not really centered over the character. It's not suitable for professional layout work.

But I will check the other links you added. Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...