Chinese-Forums

Trying to find a snack from Hong Kong

bubacino

Hi everyone. I live in Melbourne, Australia and I'm trying to find a particular snack for a friend of mine. She says it's available from Hong Kong and basically it's a biscuit snack that is similar to an Oreo except it's covered in white chocolate and I think it contains coconut as well. I apologise for sounding vague as I'm hoping to surprise her with this item so I didn't want to sound like I was asking too many questions about it. Any help would be very much appreciated, whether it be regarding the name of the product or where I might be able to find it. Also, if anyone from Melbourne can recommend me some good places to find imported Hong Kong snacks (besides the local chinese groceries), I'd greatly appreciate your help too. Thanks guys.

I GUESS it is the Japanese (Hokkaido to be more precise) chocolate biscuit 白い恋人 ("Shiroi Koibito" in Japanese; "白之戀人" in Chinese; "White Beloved Ones" in English). It is a type of biscuit sandwich with white chocolate filling. There are also other varieties.

This is the official website of the chocolate factory, and here are some photos ->

shiro_b.jpgshiroi.jpgtopimg1.gif

I have seen it sold in shops in Hong Kong but cannot recall where (it was very popular a few years ago). But you can shop online via the official website (if this is what you want, that is).

Okay, so I checked out the site you gave me and found out that Australia is not on the list of countries they ship to...so I e-mailed them to make sure. I received a very helpful reply, basically telling me that they used to ship to Australia but due to the Australian government regulations prohibiting them from sending food products containing egg, they stopped sending their products over here. So unfortunately I've given up on getting these biscuit snacks - I was even looking forward to trying them myself - nevertheless, thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.