Chinese-Forums

Jonesing for a steak.

billiardsmike

I've never gone this long without a good steak before. I'm starting to get the DTs. Any good places for steak, preferably near Haidian? The fried bees, fried wasp larvae, chicken's stomach and duck's blood I was introduced to last week just didn't itch the scratch.

Ok, this totally doesn't answer your question, but if you are looking for meat to tear into (and a potential steak substitute) why don't you eat yangxiezi (as opposed to a skewer or hotpot)? I personally don't even like meat that much but sometimes 羊蝎子 can hit the spot, especially when it's cold outside!! Ok, well back to your question, I don't know about Haidian, but it seemed like there should be some OK places in Chaoyang near those pricer foreigner frequented hotels....

Yeah, sorry, in hindsite my reply isn't going to help you much....

I'm sure Haidian has changed heaps since I was last there, so there's probably somewhere closer, but there is a TGI Fridays in the Friendship Hotel on Zhongguancun (or at least there was in 2003). They also do really good desserts.

See here: for contact info (in Chinese).