Chinese-Forums

Chinese Health Food Store in Beijing?

zarathustra

Hi everyone,

I just arrived in Beijing a few days ago. Got a month left before Spring at BeiDa. I was hoping to find somethings but I'm not sure where to look. I'm looking for a health food store or a place with vitamins and natural food products. I'm particularly looking for Bentonite clay (膨润土) (for detox) and Lactobacillus Acidophilus (嗜酸乳杆菌). I imagine they should be available somewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

will let you know. For most of Feb I was outside of Beijing but now I'm back looking for a place and all the normal stuff.

I was also reading about this new organic food chain that's starting up. I think they want tons of stores by the time the Olympics arrive.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I did see that at Dongzhimen, there is a mall 银座 which you can access from the subway tunnel. go in there, (maybe up the escalater once or so) and there is a 绿点点organic shop see here. or www.greendotdot.com I didn't really check it out but It seemed like it had organic type of stuff in bags and such. Also nearby, there is an OLE' grocery which carries western food and seemed to have 'western' vitamins too. Some other stuff I saw in there: some betty crocker cookie mix, tortilla chips and taco shells, poppycock, pudding, bulk gummy candy. Of course it's expensive, but it was really impressively clean, organized, and nearly empty. I thought I had entered a wormhole that transported me back to the land where health inspection grades are displayed on the front windows....it was strange.

Anyway, hope this helps those seeking organic food or western food near dongzhimen....

ok, edit, I just remember, as I was walking around the China National Agricultural Expo Center, (Exit, facing dongzhimen wai dajie, turn left and walk a bit) there was a big building that said ORGANIC on top of it. since I had to actually be somewhere I couldn't really check it out, but there was a sign on top of the building. It looked like a restaurant other than a grocery store. If someone is in that area, they can confirm what exactly it is...

and lastly, I found this website, somehow accidently when looking for something else...but apparently there is a natural food expo in asia...and related websites...http://www.naturalproductsasia.com/chi_main.php

http://www.efarm.com.cn/

have fun.

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old post from 2006, however I am not the first person to look for a quality health food store when I arrived in China Beijing over 2years ago.

That was one of my main reasons for starting World Health Store (WHS), so foreigners like myself could get access to quality health products that we are used to from home.

Our online store may not have everything in stock quite yet, but we are growing. We just bought in the new sports product BSN from the states are planning to add a whole lot of new lines in the near future.

If you are looking for a health food store, health shop, health products or natural supplement store in China, Beijing or Shanghai have a look at www.worldhealthstore.com.cn. Currently we deliver all over Beijing for free to all members, and do deliver all over China for a small postage fee.

Hope I am not being to "salesy" in the forum, just wanted an opportunity for others that are looking for health food store in China to look us up, and hopefully we can help you.

Sincerely,

Drew Campbell

PS feel free to write me an email if you have any questions drew(a)worldhealthstore.com.cn

Hope I am not being to "salesy" in the forum, just wanted an opportunity for others that are looking for health food store in China to look us up, and hopefully we can help you.

Not really health food. More supplement city.

(BTW. THe English is awful! For a small fee I'm willing to proof read! :lol:)

Thank You Liu Zhou,

Yes we do have a lot of supplements, however we do have health food also, such as:

Organic Green Barley Grass, Wheat Grass, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Organic Brown Rice, Organic Fiber also a selection of Organic Health Oils. You can see at: http://www.worldhealthstore.com.cn/en/index.asp?do=menu&parentid=3&sortid=26

We will have Organic Flaxseed Oil after the national holidays and more items to follow.

In addition we have health foods such as bars and powders for meal replacements...

http://www.worldhealthstore.com.cn/en/index.asp?do=menu&parentid=5&sortid=32

Store just opened in CBD Beijing. Now offering many new organic food products:

--Natures Path Organic Cereal and Granola Bars (lowest prices in Beijing - will price match if you can see lower any where else!)

--Organic Coffee

--Full range of pure organic Flaxseed, EPO, Omega 3,6 and 9, Borage Oil, and Extra Virgin Olive oil.

Sincerely,

Drew

www.worldhealthstore.com.cn

info(a)worldhealthstore.com.cn

Edited by WHS Editor