Chinese-Forums

Please help with this Chinese Candy?? What is it?

HeavenlyRikku

Ok when I was in Chinese class, the teacher gave us a Chinese candy and it was small and rectangular. It had the color of like almost wet sand and suprisingly enough it had the texture of sand but not quite that grainy. It was like compacted but still fell apart when it was picked up. It came in like a foil wrapper... it was sweet... umm... I think the teacher said it was a sesame candy but I've looked it up and haven't seen it anywhere. If it was sesame, there was no sesame seeds evident so it might have been ground in with it, does anyone know what this candy is, and the name of it??? :cry:

It had the color of like almost wet sand and suprisingly enough it had the texture of sand but not quite that grainy. It was like compacted but still fell apart when it was picked up. It came in like a foil wrapper... it was sweet... umm... I think the teacher said it was a sesame candy but I've looked it up and haven't seen it anywhere.

According to your description above, I guess you are looking for sesame crisp candy (芝麻酥糖zhi1 ma2 su1 tang2 ), but I just have no idea what the very kind you have tried. If you are still in China, you can easily find them in local supermarkets. Please check the link below for some reference.

http://image.baidu.com/i?z=0&cl=2&ct=201326592&sn=&lm=-1&cm=1&sc=0&bu=&rn=21&tn=baiduimage&word=%D6%A5%C2%E9+%CB%D6%CC%C7&pn=0

If it was sesame, there was no sesame seeds evident so it might have been ground in with it,

Yes, it might because the sesame seeds have been ground too small and wrapped in the candy, so you might hardly find sesame seeds evident.

Thanks!