Chinese-Forums

Guide to Chinese

roddy

• 9 months later...

The Wiki should be for general information, there should be no wiki entries for individual books titles. There are categories for books. Specially BLCUP seems to have a wrong understanding what a Wiki is about and uses it as a SPAM tool. And what a coincident! All books listed by BLCUP are published by BLCU!

A few titles:

A New Chinese Course

Conversational Chinese 301

Classical Chinese for Modern Usage

Getting to Know China: A Kaleidoscope of Chinese Culture

New Approaches to Learning Chinese (Elina, you should know how to use the Wiki)

New Practical Chinese Reader

there should be no wiki entries for individual books titles. There are categories for books.

I think that's a good point. Books should be included, but under the specific category labeled: "Books." If contained within a single incidence of this category, the inclusion of objective, accurate information about individual book titles is worth having, even if the underlying motivation for the initial entry is a book sale. The accumulation of comments by forum members about specific books will separate the cream from the curdle anyway (or something like that).

And what a coincident! All books listed by BLCUP are published by BLCU!

I think it’s natural and understandable. Of course, a certain publisher knows their own books more detailedly and clearly than the books from other publishers, so they can recommend their own books with more accurate information.

New Approaches to Learning Chinese (Elina, you should know how to use the Wiki)

To be honest, before I added the book of New Approaches to Learning Chinese to the Wiki, I thought 2 things as follows:

1. I thought the book should be added to this part, then I clicked the button of “Edit” and “Advanced Edit” at that page, and in addition, went to see this, but could not understand the English explanation clearly, because of my limited English level, also because I’m not familiar with using a Wiki, as already mentioned in the first post here: “I have never used Wikis before”.

2. Several books have been listed by BLCUP before, but no reject, so I thought this kind of action is acceptable, and Wiki is kind of 松散的/ loose part on this forums.

I think this post started by Flameproof can help to make some managing regulations on Wiki.