Chinese-Forums

Is it that hard for me to find a foreign boyfriend?!

reisen

One weird problem which I've noticed with other girls of all races, is the heavy use of cellphones and heavy television watching. I barely use my phone and watch almost no tv. Many girls these days do both. My girlfriend is a major cellphone user both for voice and SMS. And watches lots of tv, too.

So when it's Mongolian soap operas and I don't understand a word and there's no subtitles it can be a chore to watch together.

well, I don't use phone that much, after having the mordernest phone with mp3 and camera, after Nokias, motos,LGs.... after having lost and broken and lost....... now i am turning back to use Nokia black and white!!!:lol: never be a phone fan again(but I must say i had a crazy time , with my ex-BF monthly average 2000 SMS......:oops:)

Never watch soap operas.... TV for me is CCTV MUSIC, CCTV9, CCTV NEWS, and very seldom.

anyway. NO BF NOW....

haha, when I go to States, there will be so many here and there, when can I get my favourite swedish or german guys with Handsome smiles??(:oops: just kidding. be now a daydreamer and driveling :lol: )

oh so you're happy to learn Swedish off the Swedes but can't be bothered teaching Chinese to any foreigners..... I see........................

oh you have misunderstood.

I mean I am happy to teach someone but don't want him to be my Boyfriend, if he just want to learn chinese from me.

I think if anyone is my friend i will be happy to help he/she with his/her Chinese.

And we are not in the same city so I don't think I can do a lot.:wink:

actually I do have a friend on internet, who i teach him chinese sometimes, but it's not so efficient....

• 2 weeks later...

i found your post interesting :)

There are good men out there for sure. i am an Australian man and I have meet a Chinese girl on the internet over 2 years ago and have fallen for her. I have told her of my feelings but she has not been able to accept me as anything more than a friend now. She says its not that she doesn't love me its that she cant. She can't accept someone who is far away like me

I plan to go and visit her in January and see if i can progress our relationship any further. Its not about sex at all and i have no expectations of such at this stage (If it was about sex i could find it cheaper in my own country for sure). If it can go well when i finish my engineering degree in 2 years i will try to get a job there to be with her.

the point is i can assure you it is possible to find a good foreign guy out there who can love you. I have been waiting for her for almost 2 years and i will continue to wait as long as it takes, if that is not serious and true love then i don't know what is.

Anyway i think you need a good balance of patients and adventure. Put yourself out there and meet new people and see what happens. Don't lock the door but don't burst through it either. Just leave it ajar so others can look in.

Good luck and hope you find a special someone someday soon

Well' date=' I was one time in Germany. In Cologn, accidently met a German boy in the great cathedral. He was so nice, sweet and handsome. We talked a lot about our religion thoughts, and many thing else... He hold my hands, and we walked along the old streets, we eat icecream together, took photos, sitted on the grass, went to the concerts and spended a whole afternoon on the bank of the beautiful Rhine.

We were together for two days. We have kissed. But nothing more. Acturally if he asked, I would make love with him I am sure. I thought I have fell in love with him.[/quote']

Have you by any chance seen the American movie Before Sunrise? Because you may have just lived it. There is also a sequel, in case you're curious how your life may turn out :mrgreen:

Have you by any chance seen the American movie Before Sunrise? Because you may have just lived it. There is also a sequel, in case you're curious how your life may turn out

Well, have just read the instruction of the movie. Maybe really the same!!

Acturaly I have met him on icq yesterday, he's quite busy now. I have asked him if he has a new GF, he said he want nobody else.

I had said to him in Cologne, if I met him again I want to make love with him.

But I don't think we will meet again. At least I don't want to. coz it's the best memory in my life. An perfect fairtale, I don't want to break it anyway.

Don't know how to describe my feelings. so just put a German song here.(Geile Zeit, Juli)

Ja, Ich weiss es war en Geile Zeit. ( Yes, I know it was a cool time)

Uns war keine weg zu weit, (We are still not far from it.)

Du fehlst hier,( But you are not here.)

Ja . Ich weiss es war ein Geile Zeit( Yes, I know it was a cool time)

Es tut mir leid.(but I am sorry)

Es ist vorbei.( It is past)

hey Reisen... you still online? No wonder you can't find a boyfriend!:mrgreen:

Don't lock the door but don't burst through it either. Just leave it ajar so others can look in.

This is NOT the way to find a good boyfriend. Don't leave the door ajar hoping people will look in. Especially if there are Australians around! :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

yes, I don't think waiting around for a boyfriend to find you will work, Reisen.

My Asian girlfriend and most of her friends have european/american boyfriends. I don't think they did it by sitting at home watching tv. More likely they did it by being very sociable and somewhat bold, perhaps. I think I mentioned I met my girlfriend at a disco 6 months ago. We are pretty serious about eachother now.

One thing you might find an unexpected side effect of dating a European in China, is the staring. People will stare at you endlessly when before they would have ignored you. I think it's curious stares, not so much hostile. My girlfriend seems to be used to it now but it annoyed her at first.

• 2 weeks later...

My view on this issue is that you should be open to any relationship with an appropriate person you happen to meet, rather than try for someone of a particular race or nationality in order for language practice/passport or other benefits. Am I being old-fashioned by saying relationships should be for love rather than what you can get out of the person? I think some foreigners at least would give the initial poster a wide berth...

I've got a question regarding Chinese men and written communication : how do you make sure that you're not flirting with them when you say things like '你真可笑' because he was funny! I've never had problems with making this sound not-flirty in a face to face conversation - I've got Chinese male friends - but written communication :-?, with the language barrier and all, I thought maybe using smileys could be a solution : use :mrgreen: instead of :lol: for instance, what do you think? :help

Just how much written communication do you engage with this guy? How did you meet him?

Chatting and joking with someone in person, as you said, may not be too difficult to draw the line between just being friends and expressing attraction. However, I have a feeling that bringing that in-person interaction to substantial written correspondence may give the guy the wrong impression.

Who initiated the written communications? Under what pretense? Who is the initiator usually and who is usually the respondent?

Anyway, I think using "ha ha" and "you mo" in conjunction with just responding instead of initiating topics will be sufficient to keep things cordial and not flirty.

Never met anyone of them, was talking of forums communication,

I think using "ha ha" and "you mo" in conjunction with just responding instead of initiating topics will be sufficient to keep things cordial and not flirty.

thanks loads for this tip! now I can ask about the use of 'hehe'.