Chinese-Forums

Low Cash- Job Options

muyongshi

Other jobs you can try, is being a promoter or DJ for a Bar,

This will entail you arranging some music selection perhaps and calling your student friend to come to the bar often, you can entice them by giving them free drinks when they come or passing out coupons for free drinks.

Try going to the boss of a disco or popular large bar and offering your services.

The modeling doesn't have to be run way style. Often at Expos the organizers will pay several westerners to walk around and give the atmosphere of international people around. These can pay well, 500 for 7 hours of wandering around or hanging out at Booths chatting people up. Fat people can apply.

have fun,

Simon:)

Do you mean in the sense that my visa does not allow it? (by the way now that I think hard about it it's a stupid rule...in the states you're just not allowed to work over 20hrs a week) Or is there certain other legalities (other than the fraud charges with the marriage idea)?

Keep things in perspective. Who would chase a poor student earning small pocket money via using skills that are unique to him (ie not competing with/taking jobs away from locals) if there is plenty of big fish in the sea (corporates) to chase for tax avoidance and corruption? and plenty of F-visa (business visit) holders working full time in China

It's important to be precise about these things. The jobs are not illegal. All the suggestions may be done without breaking the law. What is illegal is for a student, without a Z visa, to do any work. But take a perspective. There's a big difference from working full time without the right visa to working one hour a week tutoring a kid in the kid's own home.

there are lots of ways of making money in China, but much more limited if you are determined to stay in a certain city, especially one that isn't even a provincial capital. As an English language polisher, you would have to move to Beijing. I am not sure you should tell them you don't rate your own English... Alternatively,are there any English language magazines in Sichuan you could write for?

You can be a KTV greeting man - that's easy to organize.

There are lots of things you can do, but most of them require you to leave Mianyang.

Thanks for all the suggestions and options but I'm not moving...

The situation is temporary as I am just trying to supplement my lack of funds but in another year or so I'll grow up and get a job full time. Well at least get a job full time...