Chinese-Forums

chinese man going to china for the first time

jimmyk

Hi jimmyk,

I'm far far away from being an expert on the real estate business in PRC, but I do know someone who's in the business. The general impression I get is that the price of housing varies greatly from city to city. Tier 1 cities such as Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen have extremely high prices, you could be asked 9000RMB per square meter or even much more. Smaller cities tend to be much much cheaper. For example, in the coastal city of Beihai which is a little tourist beach town near Vietnam, it could be as low as 1200 RMP per square meter.

However, there seems to be 2 trends in PRC. The first trend is that the general prices of real estates in PRC is getting higher and higher, some people think the prices are getting unreasonably high. The second trend is that there is an oversupplying of apartments, especially after the recent policy change which has greatly tightened the rules on taking out mortgages on apartments. So there could be a housing market crash in the near future, but don't quote me on that because that's just totally my amateur guess.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you any advice in dealing with real estates in PRC because I really know too little to be useful.

If I were you, I would come to PRC for a while to get a feel of the country before making any serious commitment, you might be able to just rent/share a tiny studio in some of the cities that interest you, and live there for a while to see if you like them. And again, I believe that prices can vary greatly even in the same city, so you don't necessarily have to spend a fortune in renting.

Good luck.

To LeafAndSunshine...............

Sorry that I took too long to answer. Our small Chinese organization here in my place were busy raising funds to donate to the typhoon victims.

Now I have at least an idea of how much it will cost me to buy real estate in the cities. I hope the countryside comes cheap. I plan to raise chickens remember ? By the way..... how big is 100 mu?----and 100 ping? I always read that land measure in my net surfing. Mu in mainland China and Ping in Taiwan.

jimmyk

To: cdn_in_bj & LeafAndSunshine.........

Just got enough time to say thank you to you guys. I'm going up to Mt. Apo. At 10,000 ft. the highest peak here in the philippines. We are going to visit the indiginous tribesmen there and have some very nice fresh mountain air. We are to find out what they would be needing the most aside from some christmas gifts that will be brought up there come December 23.

jimmyk