Chinese-Forums

So many translations.. please help.

123danielle123

I've been trying to write out in chinese characters "Love is without reason"

I was also trying to create my own stamp/seal so i was using Danielle, my first name and the word friends.

The first version, I found online somewhere, and I rendered it to suit my needs..

The second one a friend of my sisters who just moved to the us from china wrote, and I rendered.

the third is the seal.

characters1.gif

characters.gif

seal.gif

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Danielle

Oh and if these are wrong, could you please help me out and tell me what it should be.

ok so the one my sister's friend wrote is correct.. that makes sense

the last one the seal, is supposed to say Danielle Friend

you are saying it doesn't?

How would I write that then? or maybe I should just leave it as friends and take out the danielle part.

yes the quote is what I was looking for.. and I was told by someone that it means love doesnt need a reason, but I thought maybe something was lost in translation and it meant the same thing..

How would I write it the correct way, can anyone help me with that?

uh.. could u please explain what u're looking for? my English isn't that good..

the love you're talking about here is the love in general, or a specific love between, like lovers?

if it's some kind of specific form of love like that between couples then, i think the "爱情无理智” isn't that bad, it could be translated as "love is blind". but when the English is "love is blind", it's better to put it like "爱是盲目的“ in Chinese .. and the love--”爱“ here could be any form of love..

I see what you are saying.

Love meaning any kind of love is actually ok. I am thinking broadly and want the love to be able to apply to all things, people animals nature etc.

The original quote that I was translating was I am sure talking about lovers, but that was not my meaning, it was theirs.

The phrase I am looking for is more like

Love is without reason

meaning you don't have to have a reason to love someone or something, you can just love. Love can be difficult like you would have in a relationship with a lover, or family member, or it can be easy like you would have for a flower or a pet.

Which is why I was thinking "Love doesn't need a reason" would work ok.. Do you?

sorry about the delay, i just dropped..

”爱无条件“ means that you can love something without reasons, AND you love them unconditionally.. it's close to love doesn't need a reason, but a little bit different..

爱无条件 Implicitly refers to an unconditional love... 条件 is a condition so it works really well in that sense even though this would not be the word for the greek agape how ever in the English unconditional love does mean a love not based on conditions so it is a good translation for your meaning.

If I wrote 爱条件

would that mean Love unconditionally?

What if I wanted to write, Love is unconditional

I think thats what i would like to say at this point.. I know my phrase has morphed since last night, but the more I hear Love doesnt need a reason the more I dont like it..

I do like Love is without reason

but I can't seem to get a proper translation for that..

any help is appreciated, and all your help so far is also greatly appreciated.

f I wrote 爱条件

would that mean Love unconditionally?

NO... That doesn't mean anything really... it is the word love 爱 and condition 条件

What if I wanted to write, Love is unconditional

爱无条件 means love without conditions 无 means no and 条件 meaning condition

The "opposite" would be 爱有条件 love has 有 conditions 条件

I do like Love is without reason

but I can't seem to get a proper translation for that..

Somethings just don't translate well... To translate the exact meaning you want it would take a whole sentence or more rather just a few words to translate it. Because the meaning would have to be explained.