Chinese-Forums

your most exciting food (both chinese and the west)......

zozzen

Not sure whether Qinghai'd work for mussels and fries, though

i think not, but pour 孜然粉, 辣椒粉, 五味粉 and salt over the fries. Tell them it's from Sichuan, they'll like it.:mrgreen: I ate similar fries in a sichuan restaurant. The baking method and the way they cut potato is very Belgian. Bake them first until the surface goes a little bit brown, put them into refrig for over an hour, and deep fry them when you need it. The only difference is the spicies.

The most successful one I made is mini version of blooming onion, with 五味粉, 辣椒粉 and salt. (no giant onion can be bought in my city). Frankly it's not really tasty, but that's enough to amaze everyone, including some europeans who didn't see it before.

The better way is to serve it in Russian way, offering different small courses just like a fine dining restaurants. A bowl of mussels are supposed to be shared by many people, not just one. Also use more vegetables to add color and extensively use beloved Sichuanese spicies (very chinese).

But not every of us knows how to cook, making dessert is an easier way to show off. :D

Among them Tiramisu is the greatest. Tiramisu seems to be getting famous in China, many only heard its name, and some tried a fake one only (with cream cheese). If you're in big city, you should be able to find out Mascarpone cheese and Lady's fingers to make a classic one.

Not sure whether Qinghai'd work for mussels and fries, though

I wouldn't worry, I don't think many Chinese know that it's landlocked, or could find it on a map. They just know it's far. That's good enough.

Among them Tiramisu is the greatest.

That ain't that easy to make. Good luck with that!