Chinese-Forums

Chinese Breeze (汉语风) Graded Readers

Hedge

• New Members

character, do you have "buy" buttom on specific book page? I want to be sure, the issue might be with country I have registered at amazon. If you can buy them, I'll ask friends from US to get them for me and... yea... -.- Annoying

character, do you have "buy" buttom on specific book page?
Yes.
If you can buy them, I'll ask friends from US to get them for me and... yea... -.- Annoying
Keep in mind that Amazon puts DRM on the ebooks, so it may not be easy to get them from your friends.

• 4 weeks later...

yes that's it. 的 is the most common Chinese character. the first 300 characters in that list will appear frequently in Chinese Breeze along with some other necessary vocab but if you have a working knowledge of 400-500 characters the books are great.

• 1 month later...

after reading through this thread I went to get all of the ones that are available at wangfujing book store and am very very pleased with them ^_^ I usually struggle with my reading (and writing) skills and it often causes me to get frustrated and lose motivation, but these books give me something to aim for. Couldn't recommend them enough, and the low price is just icing on the cake

• 4 months later...

The second book of Level three "The Painted Skin" /《画皮》, and the other book of《留在中国的月亮石雕》 have almost been ready to publish, BUT currently there’s something between the publisher and the authors, needing to be negotiated and come to an agreement. The publisher said the books cannot be out early than March.

• Like 3

any word on when books in the other levels (4+) will be released as well?

No information. Their plan is to publish books of Level 4 after those of Level 3, but now the books of level 3 are not complete …

so it will be March 2013 before the new books are ready

Personally I doubt the new books can be out in March. Almost every time, new book will be released later than their expecting time, for this kind of reason, or that kind of reason …

• 2 weeks later...

Was in China during the summer and picked up a few copies of Chinese Level 1 books for my classmates. Some weren't interested in them so I have 2 copies of each Level 1 book for sale including CDs. If anyone is interested I can post worldwide. Price is 40 euro for the 6 books and this includes registered shipping. Accept PayPal only.

My only way of verifying my reputation is by you going on adverts.ie and seeing my profile (pprendeville) or go here: http://www.adverts.i...readers/2453487 and search for feedback on my sales.

Chinese%2520Breeze.jpg

Just laid these books out on the bedcover in case anyone's wondering what the funky background is all about.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hello all

I was in Shanghai just a few days ago and picked up the third book of Level 3

留在中国的月亮石雕

just to let all know that it is available now in shops

cheers

So many new books in such a short time, are they going to publish more frequently from now on? I hope so!

By the way, Elina, the next book 《朋友》will still be of Level 3? Thanks for the information!