Chinese-Forums

Skype in Chinese - beginner?

Jikolp

ROTFL, that thread is gold. There's even a cute girl saying "加油". This is your chance, rezaf!

There is always a price. They all want language exchange(ENGLISH) and my mother tongue is useless :( .

-个人认为,“老外”是中性词

-那是因为没有人天天向你喊老外!

As I said it was just a test and the reason that I chose "老外" as my user name was to see their reactions. Chinese people are very kind to foreigners specially those who are learning Chinese but there is a very clear line between being Chinese and being a "Laowai". Maybe "Laowai" means "always an outsider". It's always wrong to make generalizations about people but while communicating with Laowais for business like language exchange and selling clothes is possible, somehow I get the feeling that due to the bad experiences that the Chinese have had with Laowais in the past, it is not that easy to be accepted in their inside circle. :roll: You see how an outsider being able to to speak Mandarin even in 2008 can surprise them. And then when they are sure that I am really a foreigner the best thing that they can say about me is that: Ok, he is Iranian. He is in the category of "strategic friends of China Laowais". China is the only powerful friend that Iran has got and therefore Iran never dares to say something about Eas tern Tur kistan, but even so they relate me to terrorists. All in all it's an interesting encounter. I mean most of the people in this forum are westerners and specially Americans. I am supposed to be your enemy after all! :twisted:

:lol: OK it might just be my crazy imagination.

Rezaf,It's incredible that you put it so well in chinese.

I Read all the thread,and now I beleve that you are Iranianies.

Please don't mind that they said you are terrorist.

They were just kidding you.Becase they still thought you are chinese pretending to be Iranianies.

In fact,The chinese people never treat iranies as terrorist.

Welcome to china.