Chinese-Forums

Yogurt

Don_Horhe

Sorry for the off topic, but I don't want to start up a new thread for such a small matter.

Is there yogurt in China? I don't mean the fruit-flavored colored type, but the good old plain stuff?

Sorry for the off topic, but I don't want to start up a new thread for such a small matter.
Moved from another post.

Creating threads is free, plus, threads started for small things are preferable to off-topic posts :mrgreen:

Of course there is - what do you think they make the flavored stuff from :wink:

I get it in the supermarket. Pour it over a bowl of fruit and those biscuits I like which keep getting both smaller and more expensive . . . . yum.

PS At last!!!! There's something you can't get in Liuzhou!!!!!!

Yeah, I know, I've seen my mom make it when I was younger. It's just that where I come from, yogurt is something of an everyday food, and this summer I'll be going to China for 5 years on one of those CSC scholarships to study, can't be bothered to make yogurt 2-3 times a week.:lol:

Try a search, too, there have been several threads on where to buy and how to make yoghurt.

I used to drink the little stone cups from the kiosk, you pay, get a straw, drink, and when finished give them back the cup. Good stuff. Did it disappear?

Unflavoured, but sweetened, non-watery yoghurt is readily available here in BJ.

I have also had very thick, unsweetened yoghurt at certain "ethnic" restaurants over here. They'll also give you honey to add as a sweetener. Very delicious. One of these days I'm going to try making my own.

I used to drink the little stone cups from the kiosk, you pay, get a straw, drink, and when finished give them back the cup. Good stuff. Did it disappear?

It's still here. Though I have not tried it myself.

In the dorm where I lived in Beijing, we had suan nai for breakfast everyday, it was great stuff. Unflavored and no fruit added. It's like yogurt. Or maybe it was yogurt. And my friend would treat me to suan nai at the street market, it would come in a jar or bottle and you drink it through a straw.