Chinese-Forums

Popcorn kernels

BaoMiHua

Due to bad planning and recent visa hassles, i'm dangerously low on my supply of popcorn kernels. Anyone have an idea where to get more in china? :help

I've checked the walmarts etc, and also asked a popcorn salesperson to sell just kernels, but they said the kernels come from company they lease the machine and they cannot sell them unpopped.

The only thing I (now) know about popcorn making is...don't use those big square corn kernals. I attempted this out of boredom one day after finding a stockade of big fat corn kernals where I was staying and while they did 'pop' they just didn't pop open:tong

Edited by heifeng

Oooh, thanks roddy! I should have figured that out myself :)

It's just that "buying food" and "taobao" isn't the usual mental assossiation, but this case i could make an exception. Although the size is quite big even for my consumption :)

And thanks for heifeng for already doing research on big square kernels ;)

Thanks for your kind offer Elf Piper, but no need, i thought about the mailing from overseas way earlier, but i think that takes too long time and can get quite expensive since it can get heavy for few months supply.. :oops:

According to something said in some other thread, i'm sure the "educational popcorn" would be allowed to be mailed to china ;)