Chinese-Forums

Where can I eat snake in Beijing?

mestle

There's a list here, but it notes that you will need to arrange in advance. Two which appear on that list and also on a search for 'snake' on dianping.com are

品蛇居

地址: 丰台区方庄芳群园二区23号

电话: 010-67648889

稼甫园蛇菜馆

地址: 朝阳区十八里店桥东

Let us know how you get on.

Errrr, there's a place where you can eat specific parts of the snake...

Guo-li-zhuang Restaurant: For a menu that's unusual even by Beijing's standards, Andrew goes to a restaurant that specializes in Snake, Deer and Yak penis.

Address: Xi Cheng District

Phone: 6405-5698

Saw it on an interesting American TV show:

Bizarre Foods

The guy goes around to different areas to try the most unusual foods in that area.

He's got quite a stomach, but he failed to eat dou4zhi1 豆汁 (which is one of my favorite Beijing foods)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

---Taiwan has snake restaurants. In fact, we have a market in Taipei called Snake Alley where they display python, albino snakes, and others for sale and consumption.

….In my town of Tainan, we have snake in the market where you can get snake ‘soup to nuts’. I had heard that snake was good for the skin. I had been developing skin sores.. Apparently the toxins in snake stimulate the immune system to combat the virus and bacteria that bothers the skin. I haven’t had any problems with my skin after eating the snake meat.

….Tastes pretty good. Kind of like tender white meat chicken.

• 1 month later...

Apparently the toxins in snake stimulate the immune system to combat the virus and bacteria that bothers the skin. I haven’t had any problems with my skin after eating the snake meat.

….Tastes pretty good. Kind of like tender white meat chicken.

it is sure, cus i had the same experience when i was little back in beijing. And the meat does taste like chicken but even softer. :P