Chinese-Forums

someone explain chinese obsession with "THIN" ...

geek_frappa

Yeah, most of my Chinese girl friends moan all the time they put on extra weight ( up to 5 kg) when they are in England, probably due to the high fat content of British food! :shock:

I can't imagine what happens to those Chinese girls who go to the US, apparently their food is even more fattening than the Brits! :(

I can't imagine what happens to those Chinese girls who go to the US, apparently their food is even more fattening than the Brits!

immigrants usually keep a chinese diet, so their weights do not change much. I've noticed quite a few american born chinese girls that are fat by chinese standards, especially around the upper arms.

I think the girl in the picture could put on a little bit more, but she's still fine the way she is. any thinner would be bad.

agree completely with holyman

To me, being beautiful means being healthy. If you're skinny, looks like u hav malnutrition. If you're too fat, then another sign of an unhealthy lifestyle. It's all about getting the balance.

My HK friends like thin women, but I prefer a bit of 肉 . The thinness is much worse when she has pale skin - looks like a rotting corpse i.e. pale skin like a dead person and just having bones remaining.

I think many Chinese gals are so thin to the point that even a box of 烧肉 has more flesh than them.

This conflict is probably due to west-east cultural differences.

In Oriental society, women has always looked better when they are slim; however in the West, it is not always the case. Perhaps it is something to do with the influences of the plump European models during the Renaissance in 16th-18th century Europe?? :-?

Also, pls remember that Oriental women are naturally more petite than their Western counterparts.

Holyman is right when he said that he perfers women with more curves, most men do!!! Only a dog wants a bone, and even they want a little meat!!! Its Hollywood that is telling people that they have to look half dead to look good!! And for those in another country who have never heard of Hollywood,they are just going by what their society says!!! But I don't care where you go some people always think that you've got to be rib bone poking out of your skin thin!! Not true!! And it cracks me up when some women think they know what a man so called likes!! I'am not a man but I know that when a man bypasses a bone poking out the skin thin women then chances are thats not what he wants!!! :roll:

My guess is that when a lot of men say they like a little meat they mean they like the curves - like full breasts and hips, a nice round bottom perhaps, but they still like a reasonably small waist / flat stomach. I am thinking that the preference for 'meat', 'flesh', and 'curves' in this case does not mean men prefer chubby women... ??