Chinese-Forums

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

roddy

10 minutes ago, Milkybar_Kid said:

Does anyone know the passing score for HSK 6?

Strangely there's no official pass mark for HSK 5 or 6**, but anything over 60% is going to be considered a pass.

81% is a great mark, well done!

** See the pages for Level V and Level VI over on the Hanban site... they don't mention any pass mark at all, whereas for the other levels it clearly states the pass mark.

• Like 1

Strangely there's no official pass mark for HSK 5 or 6**, but anything over 60% is going to be considered a pass.

Thanks. I've emailed Ms Chen just to make sure.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to share my test-taking experience on here as we've just had our second child so been really busy. I was in the 9am session with you and everything you wrote on here nicely summed up the test experience so I don't have anything to add really.

• Like 1

GBP 32 to get it posted to the UK from Beijing.  I'm just looking at it in another window.

Ouch! Is there a cheaper way?

2 minutes ago, mungouk said:

GBP 32 to get it posted to the UK from Beijing.  I'm just looking at it in another window.

Can we download it directly off the website?

If you know someone in China who will scan it and email it to you, then you could get it sent to them instead?  Mainland China delivery is 25 RMB.

AFAIK there's no other way to get the certificate.

Why they haven't moved to digital certificates by now, I don't know... unless the paper ones are just an easy money-spinner.

International mail is a bit of a mess at the moment as well, because there are so few flights. It just took 3 weeks for a registered letter I sent to reach Singapore.

Edit: the option to pay by Visa or Mastercard doesn't seem to be working at the moment, either.  UnionPay or WeChat only.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ∞保罗∞ said:

Results of that online exam are allready out! I failed again, but failed better! 55% this time... last time I got over 60 in the ting li, must have reall made a mess of it this time lol , but last time only got 48% overall, , The global average for the exam was 203. Best of luck everyone!

Sorry to hear that.

I've been reading posts today in here, but still not checked mine.

I planned for them on Wednesday, and don't want to see a fail.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mungouk said:

Results from the 28 June exam are just out.... very relieved to have passed.  My score is much higher than expected, actually.

Can't believe I'm already working on HSK 5 with my teacher... although by the time I get through the textbooks it might not exist any more.

Well done!

I'm pleased for you. You've helped me a lot in the last few weeks, and I hoped you'd pass :)

Can you remember the earlier stages when you first saw HSK3?

Pass or fail, by the time the next exams available I'll go for 3 and retake 2 if I need to.

I didn't know PY gone at level3!! I'm glad know you told me about that app, as I've memorized and used nearly 400 now. My only worry is that I've noticed that I can only read computer generated hanzi!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milkybar_Kid said:

Thanks. I've emailed Ms Chen just to make sure.

I'm sorry I haven't had time to share my test-taking experience on here as we've just had our second child so been really busy. I was in the 9am session with you and everything you wrote on here nicely summed up the test experience so I don't have anything to add really.

Congrats to you too as well, on pass and new arrival :)

I'm way behind you lot, only been learning seriously since lockdown, hence did 1 + 2 attempted, so I'm hopefully reading where I might be in a few years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TaxiAsh said:

I'm way behind you lot, only been learning seriously since lockdown, hence did 1 + 2 attempted, so I'm hopefully reading where I might be in a few years.

I passed HSK5 way back in 2015 so hopefully it won't take you as long as it took me to progress.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mungouk said:

Edit: the option to pay by Visa or Mastercard doesn't seem to be working at the moment, either.  UnionPay or WeChat only.

I'm pretty sure I will have passed 1, and even though only basic level I want a certificate.

Hopefully, someone will work out a way. I know some people in China, but transferring funds seems difficult.

50 minutes ago, ∞保罗∞ said:

I am very used to it - but this is actually a win for me so i've been delighted with it.

Oh sorry Pal, I didn't mean it sad for you! :)

Given the level you are trying, it is just out of any of my comprehension to how difficult it is! haha!

I've obviously watched what later levels are like, and they certainly don't look like a walk in the park! to put it mildly

I didn't realise you had done it a few times, so if improvement then well done!

18 minutes ago, Milkybar_Kid said:

I passed HSK5 way back in 2015 so hopefully it won't take you as long as it took me to progress.

At my level, I actually can't really distinguish between 5 and 6 Milky, they both look impossible to me now... But, I can imagine haha!

my goodness how hard is that site to use! haha

Looks like I passed 1 and not sure on 2. It's based on a pass rate now I think.

Also if the scores are now higher in hsk2, then the old 120 pass rate is probably now 150, with the new extra bits.

Screenshot_2020-07-07 个人中心-成绩信息--汉语考试服务网.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mungouk said:

The pass mark for HSK 1 and HSK 2 is 120/200, in other words 60%.

Well done!

Are you sure with HSK2?

I thought the new changes meant different pass marks, or percentages?

(sorry, I'm not questioning you!! haha) - but I was confused with these changes... so don't want to celebrate yet...