Chinese-Forums

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

roddy

1 hour ago, mungouk said:

I'm not sure what "changes" you're referring to, but yes I'm sure.

Have a look at http://www.chinesetest.cn/gosign.do?id=1&lid=0# 

I thought the tests had changed, so perhaps scoring too.

The score seemed to high to me. I was scoring around this mark in the mocks, but the test was harder.

I had planned if fail to do 2 and 3 next time, Now I can concentrate on 3, which looks like a giant leap to me! haha

-

I'll be spending much more time in here I think, as I've been scatty and wasting time so far, when plenty of info in here.                      

5 minutes ago, mungouk said:

To order a certificate for the actual test you need to go to "Additional Score Reports" underneath "> Score Information".

this is what that brings up...

edit: ah yes seen it, this is the point where we can't get the payment through yes?

Screenshot_2020-07-08 个人中心-成绩报告申请管理--汉语考试服务网.png

1 minute ago, mungouk said:

Yes, and so if you want to apply for an extra score report, guess which button you press?

Yeah got it now.

I tried it but it wouldn't let me enter a date, but it updates and lets us click it!

the site is harder than the exam!

11 hours ago, TaxiAsh said:

I had planned if fail to do 2 and 3 next time, Now I can concentrate on 3, which looks like a giant leap to me! haha

I strongly recommend you to keep studying hsk 2 material until you've mastered it. The first levels contain the most frequent characters in the language, they're the most important ones, and learning other things to the detriment of the basics will make your learning experience much more difficult. Passing the test is an important achievement, it shows your progress, but there's still some points for you to improve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7800 said:

I strongly recommend you to keep studying hsk 2 material until you've mastered it. The first levels contain the most frequent characters in the language, they're the most important ones, and learning other things to the detriment of the basics will make your learning experience much more difficult. Passing the test is an important achievement, it shows your progress, but there's still some points for you to improve.

Thanks, great advice..., yes, I'm still doing the HSK2 grammar lessons every day, because I'm not very quick with them, and I want to be able to do the mock tests and get pretty much 100% on all of it, every time.

While I'm still not working, I have plenty of time, so I've set out a new daily plan. (if you or anyone can think of ways I can improve this, I'm definitely all ears - as you guys have done all this already of course!)

- 2x hsk2 grammar lessons (8 dialogues)

- Review 100 characters on TOFU from hsk1+2 (and new hsk3 ones)

- Learn 10 new ones for HSK3

- Watch 1 x TV series (currently watching Boss and me) - listening practice)

- 5 mins reading out loud on Hello Talk

- 1x HSK2 or 3 listening practices (using Mandarin Corner)

- Work on the 42 essential sentence structures (Mandarin corner)

@7800

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, all.  I took the HSK 4 and the HSKK (Intermediate) a while back (May 2018).  My scores:  274 total on the HSK (91 listening, 95 reading, 88 writing) and 74 on the HSKK. 

I also was kind of curious how the mock exams compared to the real thing.  Here’s how the real thing compared to my averages on mock tests (BLCU’s and Sinolingua’s) in the last month or so before the exam:

Exam

Total Score

Listening

Reading

Writing

Actual HSK

BLCU (average)

Sinolingua (average)

If anyone wants more details, I wrote up my experience taking the HSK in excruciating detail here.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've received my HSK4 results and I'm kinda disappointed. 237 out of 300, with highest score on reading (85, predictably, it's my strongest skill, but I kinda expected it to be higher), and lowest on writing (71, again, expected it to be higher).

My only excuse can be that I was still feeling kinda meh since I took the exam like, two days after I was cleared to re-enter the society after corona, and still kinda weak and underprepared, mostly because I was actively preparing during the summer and then slacked off until early Dec, so now I'm thinking of maybe retaking it either in March or in June. I don't feel anywhere close to be ready to move on to HSK5, and with the HSK 3.0 coming it's not quite clear if 'old' HSK 5 is really worth it. I'm not in a rush for anything, so I can put formal exams off for as long as I want.

Another option would be to take HSKK 2 in March, since I've taken HSKK 1 in Dec 2019 and nearly failed it (72/100), but my speaking is just. atrocious.

• 2 months later...

Did HSK4, though my level is more in between HSK4 and 5 I believe.
The exam I did was the online version and I can recommend that one to anyone.

写作
My Score
Average (My Test-Site / Global)
61.83 / 57.21
听力
84.83 / 72.01
阅读
84.67 / 72.92
Score
231.33 / 202.13
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mantou said:

Is there a way to pay for the physical certificate on chinesetest.cn using a foreign credit card/paypal etc?

I couldn't find a way, but I think others have.

This has been discussed before. 

I'm not sure where it was discussed, or how to find it to link you, but I think someone should be able to answer. 

I want to know myself.

3 hours ago, Mantou said:

Is there a way to pay for the physical certificate on chinesetest.cn

I thought there used to be Visa and Mastercard options on there at one time, but right now it looks like UnionPay or WeChat only.

284942961_Screenshot2021-03-25at09_57_13.thumb.png.9566da45022a265352ea9f246faacceb.png

btw great result @Mantou !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mungouk said:

I thought there used to be Visa and Mastercard options on there at one time

Yes, I seem to think that it offered Visa when I tried, but it wouldn't accept the details.

(or maybe I'm thinking of Wechat.

I think the only way I've seen is to ask someone else to get it for you, and post it on.

It's a shame that the organisers in UK (or wherever) don't sort some sort of way of getting them for us. I want mine.

4 minutes ago, TaxiAsh said:

It's a shame that the organisers in UK (or wherever) don't sort some sort of way of getting them for us

Maybe they could sort that out for you? Probably worth asking Ms Chen at Nottingham Uni to see what she suggests.

(Normally the certificates would be sent to your test centre who would then post them on, or you could pick them up in person.)

10 hours ago, mungouk said:

Maybe they could sort that out for you? Probably worth asking Ms Chen at Nottingham Uni to see what she suggests.

(Normally the certificates would be sent to your test centre who would then post them on, or you could pick them up in person.)

Yeah I suppose that's worth a go. 

Once the exam finished that was the last I spoke to either uni.

thanks, I'll email them tomorrow. 

I've already had an issue because UC wanted to know what I have been doing, I told them, studying and that i pass 3 exams, and they said can i prove it?

well no! hhaha

On 3/26/2021 at 6:42 AM, TaxiAsh said:

i pass 3 exams, and they said can i prove it?

Anyone can check your results online if you give them the admission ticket number, but even better I just noticed you can download a digital certificate as a PDF.

I wrote this in a separate post to make it easier to find:

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/61071-how-to-get-a-pdf-of-your-hsk-certificate/

• Like 1