Chinese-Forums

Chongqing cuisine-if you like spicy food

wendyww518

Hello, my name is wendy. Now I study in BFSU. I am originally from Chongqing. I recommend chongqing food, not only hot pot and water boiling fish. but stream crabs, beer duck, wujiang fish, pot in pot..ect. If by any chance you are going to Chongqing, make sure you try all these... :)

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite local Chinese restaurant (Grand Sichuan Eastern on 2nd Ave in Manhattan, NY) has a whole menu section of Chong Qing food with names like "Spicy & Aromatic Diced Fish" and "Chicken with Spicy Spring Water Sauce." The Spicy & Aromatic Chicken is the only one I've tried so far, but it's very good.

I want to like spicy food, but I am physically unable to eat much of it - I can eat some milder curries and jalapenos and cantonese versions of spicy food. So I was ill-prepared to visit Chongqing. In fact, my cousin who grew up in Thailand - she was ill-prepared too and she loves spicy food. It is hot!

If you like that sort of thing - I'll recommend Sichuan Lao Canting in Chongqing.

• 4 weeks later...