Chinese-Forums

Hello from 慢速中文 slow-chinese.com

Weng.Xinyu

Xinyu

Thanks for making the slow chinese site, I really like it, specially now with my eBook reader.

You're doing great work, and I really need your stories to improve my listening skills, and vocabulary.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see that someone has generated some word lists... has anyone done any translations of the texts themselves? For my spaced repetition app I like to use the sentences as well as the individual vocab items. Is there a thread for this already? Is there anyone out there that would like to collaborate on this? I'm going to do these for myself anyway. But if others are already doing the same thing it would be great to collaborate to save time.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Slow Chinese is back :)

For those of you unfamiliar with Slow Chinese it is just what it says. Ii has short texts with audio read at a slowish speed.

The website has all the info.    http://www.slow-chinese.com/podcast/67-tu-hao/

I really enjoyed it. It has been 2 years since it went away but it is back bigger and better they say, so we will see but I am very happy to see it back.

it really helps with listening practice and helps build confidence.

Give it a look.

• Like 4

Xinyu, I already told you so elsewhere, but thanks a LOT for this wonderful and useful resource, thanks for being back with new podcasts. 

Two remarks. First, I'm not sure about the "for advanced learners". I'm not an advanced learner, by any stretch of the imagination, I'm intermediate, at best, whatever that means, somewhere between HSK4 (done) and HSK5 (hope), and I believe most of your podcasts are right for my level. Don't scare away potential users because of the "advanced" label.

Second, I you ever want to make your podcasts even more useful, wouldn't it be nice if you could provide them read at full speed in addition to the slow version?

Keep on the good work!

• Like 1

Hi Laurenth,

you're absolutely right, this is an aweful stretegy I've made. I've corrected the text.

As for normal speed podcast, I think you might be worrying about idea that slow podcasts be not so original or "daily" or "normal". Don't worry about it, we're going to speed up, at least podcasts by me will speed up and will become just similar to a normal talk ( only a little bit slower). Since we now have several editors and hosts, each of whom concentrating on different levels and speeds of reading, and also out of the consideration of keeping the website simple and easy, I would rather put aside the plan of making a normal speed reading. And we're trying to re-consider the "slow". We're going to replace the "slow" for speed with the "slow" similar to that in "Slow Life". We wil try to do the podcast carefully and diligently with heart, as well as maintaining the originality from the feeling of a  native speaker.

I wish you be satisfied with my answers!

many many thanks again! See you on 慢速中文 Slow Chinese

Xinyu

• Like 1