Chinese-Forums

L Visa Double Entry Question

jdotk

Hi can anyone clear this up for me.....

I'm a British citizen with a double entry visa. On the visa it says entries: 02 duration of each stay: 90days.

So the way i understand it is if i want to stay more than 90days...i can exit China (to Hong Kong for example) and then turn right around and go back to China for another 90 days.

Is this right?

Hello,

I hate to be redundant and cover ground that has already been covered, but I need to ask very plainly if my situation will count as well. I have heard very many differing opinions as to what can be done with multiple entry visas.

I have a multiple entry visa, and it is also a 90 day L visa. It will expire in a month. If I were to take a trip from my current location in China to Hong Kong, and go directly back into China, I would have another 90 day visa.

I would NOT have whatever amount of days were left of the 90 days, for instance 1 month, but a brand new 90 day visa that would cover me for another 90 days.

Is this correct?

Thanks for your patience.

Not trying to spam gratuitously, but time for me is running out. Just hoping to bring some attention to my question. For whatever reason, it doesn't seem to have appeared on the forum post as even having been posted until you open up the thread. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks.

Each time I enter it will be this way?

The way I understand the original post, was that with my 90 day multiple entry visa, I can exit China by going to HK with 30 days left, and will be given 90 days again once I reenter China from HK, instead of putting the 30 days left on pause until I reenter the country.

• 3 months later...
More generally, what is the best visa choice for someone from the USA without sponsorships who wants to stay in China as long as possible?

One year, multiple entry, 90 days each time.

i thought the period of each stay in the one yr multi entry L visa is 60 days~~ has it now been extended to 90 days??

It can be either one (for US passports at least.) You need to request the one you want when you apply and then hope you get it.

I am an American. I have a 1 year multi entry visa for 60 days each entry. I got mine from Texas. If you get your visa from the Chinese Embassy in Chicago, then you can get 90 days for each entry, unless the Chinese goverment says otherwise.

I asked for 90 day entrys, but was given 60, because of the fact I used a Texan agency. They can only get 60 day entrys for a L a.k.a. tourist entry.

But if it is a year long multi entry L visa then your good.

I used visaexpress.net

they are great, give them a try if you can.

hope this helps

I got my US L (tourist) China visa in Texas (Houston) in January of this year. One year, multiple entry, 90 days each stay. I used http://www.passportsplus.com/visa_china.html

I've used them several times before with similar good results.

I think, though I don't know for sure, that a major factor in what kind of visa the Chinese consulate issues, be it in Houston or Chicago, is whether or not this is your first trip to China. As I understand it, the decision isn't up to the visa agency; it's up to the Chinese consulate. I don't know whether or not cetain agencies can "pull string," though I would be dubious of such claims.

The Chinese Embassy is in Washington, D.C. All the other (five) locations are consulates.

http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/t84229.htm