Chinese-Forums

Are you emotionally prepared to talk to me on the phone?

Erbse

this line is more creative to ask a girl for her phone number. So I'd like to know how to say it in Chinese. Thanx for translations :)

edit:

I use this line typically after I talked to a women for 10 minutes or more. It's not supposed to be a pickup line. Works pretty well in English and German. "Emotionally prepared" refers to the conversation we just had.

Edited by Erbse

Chinese girls are relatively conservative, so this may be a bit rush.

I can show you some ideas in Chinese way:

咱们能在电话里聊聊天吗?

有空电话里聊聊好吗?

你今晚有空吗?我给你电话。

我能记一下你的号码吗?

留个电话好吗?

I think the chat-up line is patronising and belittling. "Emotionally prepared"? Could sound like you were taking the mick out of pmt or just trying to pretend to understand women. Why not just say "Hi" like you know that person. and when that person says "do I know you" you can respond "no but I would like to change that". Someone in Germany did that to a German friend of mine and she was really thrilled.

Haha, interesting, I think the way you speak depends on the girl you are dating.

If the girl is open-minded and loves demonstrative boys, you should be a little "powerful".

If the girl is conservative, you should be polite and gentle.

So that's why people don't call me? That's not a very nice thing to be thinking.

No, I was to say you are thrilled to hear someone say that to you, but Chinese are not.

I'm confused too, so...I quit...8)

咱们能在电话里聊聊天吗?

有空电话里聊聊好吗?

你今晚有空吗?我给你电话。

我能记一下你的号码吗?

留个电话好吗?

I agree, one of these would be best. Otherwise you would either sound very condescending or strange (because I don't think 'emotionally prepared' is something that Chinese people would normally hear from another person).:mrgreen:

心理准备 hah.. this is a good one "prepare in your heart".. I would say this usually means "prepare for the worst" in a lot of cases, dont you think Roddy?:mrgreen::clap

TBH, I think you cant really use chat up lines.. they dont really exist, as far as I know, in Mandarin. Just ask for her number and ask her if you can call.. be quite open and dont make out like you're a perv, because IMO, chat up lines just sound pervy.

Because just like all women react the same way to the same lines, all men can use the same lines to the same effect, and what doesn't work for one man, will never work for any man :-/

I would say this usually means "prepare for the worst" in a lot of cases

If the doctor says it as you stand anxiously outside intensive care, yes. But you can use it for a range of challenging scenarios (first page of Google results has motherhood, being dropped from a sports team, marriage, studying abroad, and being asked for your phone number by Erbse).

That sentence is complicated, maybe it works on a widow or someone who is in an abusive relationship. I don't think that Chinese girls are normally that complicated when they wanna start a relationship but they will get complicated after starting the relationship.