Chinese-Forums

Dofu Soup

travelbecky

I just returned from a trip to Bejing and Xian. I am trying to find a recipe for "Tofu Soup". I had this soup several places and loved it. It was a dark brown base not as thin as broth, but thinner than gravy. It had no pieces of veggies or meats. I think it is probably vegetarian. Then just before serving, the cook added a spoon full of silky tofu. It was DELICIOUS!!! I've searched the internet for a comparable recipe, but cannot find the soup. Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance

Isn't 味噌 the Japanese kanji for what is typically translated miso soup? I had no idea that was served in China as well.

I don't know if 豆腐味噌湯 is what travelbecky is looking for, but is it highly unusual to have misosiru soup in China? At least, it's pretty common served in Taiwan.

In China miso soup is usually only served in Japanese restaurants. So I think it just sounds a little big strange to me that travelbecky went to Beijing and Xi'an but managed to have several Japanese meals. These two places are not so heavily influenced by Japan as much as Taiwan is, I think.

Could it be 豆腐花? I'm not sure how it is like in Beijing and Xi'an though. I think there are a few members on this forum who should know it better than I do.

Well I don't think it would be difficult either. Skylee you travel much more than I do so I guess you know what I meant. It is kind of like I went to, say, Egypt for a short trip and had Japanese food there, not to mention "for several times". Well, what do I know, people are different after all.