Chinese-Forums

Phrases - Big list

website

If this forum isn't for helping people learn Chinese then what is it good for? I could walk outside and ask a bunch of random people, but I don't that's very polite

We are a bunch of random people! You can post your requests, but if you want to stick with what is simply not an efficient way to learn the language, I don't think you'll meet with much enthusiasm.

Roddy

i was thinking the same thing ...

lol, same here.

Sometime, I couldn't help but thinking this fella is not trying to do any serious Chinese learning but just to use this forum as free translation service.

And whats more, he've got a Chinese girlfriend. If what he has been saying is all true, then it seems to me that he lacks some common sense.

Shenzhen is a little different from Guangdong. This city only had 20,000 people in 1980 and now has 7 million. The majority of people

are immigrants from other provinces and speak Putonghua. I have met people from Beijing, Shandong, Hubei, Yunnan, Henan, Hunan, Xinjiang, Anhui, Shandong, Guanxi, Shanghai, and other places. With that much diversity, everyone needs to speak Mandarin to converse. In fact, I haven't met one person under 40 who couldn't speak Mandarin here. I even met a few people who didn't speak any other dialect other than

Putonghua. Besides, there are 900 million Mandarin speakers compared to 72 million Cantonese speakers. I want to learn a language that I can use with the most number of people.

http://www.languagesociety.com/