Chinese-Forums

Help Identify Tea from Packet?

AnnArborTeaLover

• New Members

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can identify this tea from the packet. It is a guan yin, very good tea, but I would like to know more about it - its name, where it comes from, and if there is anywhere where I could buy more of it. Thanks for any help you can give.

post-38307-091904300 1279588637_thumb.jpg

It says Guan Yin Wang (观音王). A type of Tie Guan Yin (铁观音), but generally higher quality and more expensive.

I think you can find this tea in any specialty tea shop, there are plenty online (I assume you are in the U.S. from your handle).

There's some variation in quality within each type of tea as well, and you will find a range of prices.

I found this site has some description.

http://www.goldenteahouse.com/Premium-Guan-Yin-Wang.htm

• 8 months later...

yes i understand that, but many people here still feel that oolong tea is one type of black tea. only people from Fujian and Taiwan are traditional believe that oolong tea is not black tea. for other part of china there were only two type of tea: 红茶(other black and oolong) and 绿茶(green and flower).

maybe if i used the word 红茶 rather then 'black tea' will be better?

because 绿茶=the non-fermented tea family

红茶=the fermented tea family

乌龙oolong=a member of fermented tea family

:P

"Many people feeling" does not make it correct.

The difference between 红茶 and 青茶 (aka 乌龙) are huge. It's not just the amount of oxidation, it's also the cultivar, where it's grown, and how it's processed. And the price :P

If you want to say that the general public in China doesn't distinguish between 红茶 and 青茶, that's fine, and in fact useful knowledge for us. [And matches some of my experience as well.] But to argue that they are the same, in a thread talking about expensive tea, well, that just seems a tad silly to me.

jbradfor:

you are right, it is a just common saying that there are only 红茶 and 绿茶。 but i understand technically there are huge difference between 乌龙、普洱 and other 红茶.

guess i just have to get use to this more systematical way of sorting chinese tea.

alright from now on, i will say that 乌龙 is not 红茶. and technically they are different.

:rolleyes: