Chinese-Forums

islamic food?

adsız

what are the other ethnic groups practisng islam other than huizu and uighur people?

Kazakh, Dongxiang, Kyrgyz, Salar, Tajik, Uzbeks, Bonan and Tatar. Some Tibetans too. And of course, many foreigners with the right background.

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslims_in_China

When a muslim man marries a non-muslim woman,its not obligatory for her to convert islam.But she has to believe in God,Allah(as we say).

This means that she must be Jewish or Christian (who believe in the same God as Muslims and share much of the religious canon). But even then, they will usually convert. I've met several girls who converted like that.

Women in China are rarely Christian or Jewish, so they will typically convert.

• Like 1

the main topic was about islamic food,but when the topic is about religion,it spreads fast :rolleyes:

This means that she must be Jewish or Christian (who believe in the same God as Muslims and share much of the religious canon). But even then, they will usually convert. I've met several girls who converted like that.

yes,thats the point.Thats very common for non-muslim woman to convert after marriage.But as i said,they dont have to convert in advance or after marriage.

Women in China are rarely Christian or Jewish, so they will typically convert

although there is not such a obligation for non-muslim woman,in some parts of muslim world,highly in fundamentalist countries,they force women to convert.But its not fair and not a practise of islam but a tradition.

Women in China are rarely Christian

It depends on what you mean by rarely. As a percentage of the population, then I guess it is fairly small, but I'd by no means say it is rare. I know many Christian Chinese women.