Chinese-Forums

Setting up an Import-Export business in China.

consultant2b

I would like to set-up a trading (Import-Export) business in china and I am at the very initial stages of my research. I am in a position where I have strong contacts in other parts of Asia as well as the UK, who would be willing buyers (some of them with pretty big volumes). I am also looking to dropship/wholesale products to Europe & USA via E-Commerce. Therefore, I would appreciate any help with the following questions:

1. What is the best way for me to get started, in terms of the type of company I can incorporate and is there a minimum investment required by the chinese govt. in order for me to set up a trading company here? Are there are any other requirements and how long does the legal process take?

2. I am currently in Beijing and cannot move out of Beijing for another 6 months at least (due to personal commitments). However, I would ideally like to be based in Beijing. But based on my limited knowledge Beijing is not the best place to be for an Import export business, as most trading cities are in the south, mainly Shanghai & Guangzhou? Is this correct.

3. Some of the products I am looking to export out of China include, Tyres/Radials, Electronics, Handbags & Fashion Jewellery..once again to what extent does my location within China matter and what would be the best markets for these products.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I am in a position where I have strong contacts in other parts of Asia as well as the UK, who would be willing buyers (some of them with pretty big volumes).

3. Some of the products I am looking to export out of China include [...] what would be the best markets for these products.

It would be best to ask your contacts who may be willing buyers that question.