Chinese-Forums

Google Chinese Language Tools...

geek_frappa

Cool. I can get to the main page, but (sadly) the rest of the server appears to be blocked from here in the mainland. They claim to have a BETA Chinese --> English service though.

Is there anyone out there who can post a more detailed review, perhaps along with some sample translations. I'd be curious to know if they've rolled their own or are just interfacing with Systransoft like most of the other online translation sites.

Is there anyone out there who can post a more detailed review, perhaps along with some sample translations. I'd be curious to know if they've rolled their own or are just interfacing with Systransoft like most of the other online translation sites.

8) sure, trevelyan. click on the image below for a larger image view...

chinese_forums_screenshot_t.gif

Thanks geek_frappa, :)

Those character issues are pretty strange. If Google had rolled their own, they'd probably be handling character conversion before processing. Standalone converters usually offer the options of outputting blank "boxes" for unrecognized characters....

Anyone care to post some Chinese-English output or do a comparison of Google with the other online services. It would be strange if Google finally implemented Systransoft after holding off for so long. Maybe Baidu set them up with something else.