Chinese-Forums

One-on-one Mandarin Tutor in Harbin

muoji

I'm an American college student interning in Harbin for the summer. I was wondering if anyone knows a person or service in Harbin with reasonable rates for one-on-one tutoring, maybe 2-3 times/week for about an hour or so each time. I'm an intermediate-level Chinese student and have my own textbooks, but would be willing to buy a new book if they prefer something else. I'd also be down to do a language exchange, if the person wants to work on his or her English.

I'm an American college student interning in Harbin for the summer. I was wondering if anyone knows a person or service in Harbin with reasonable rates for one-on-one tutoring...

See this thread:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/24933-1to1-mandarin-workshop/

You might give them a call.

abcdefg, thanks for the advice! I might contact them, but their prices seem a little high for one-on-one and I want too specific of a schedule to be able to do it in a group.

To practice your Chinese just go to any tea shop and talk for free. To make everybody happy, optionally, buy 10 rmb worth of tea.

PanShiBo, I've been practicing my Chinese daily just by living here, but want a more structured opportunity to learn as well. It might work for me to just ask one of my new friends to tutor me regularly for a free meal or little bit of cash or something. I agree that I don't necessarily need a trained tutor at this point.

I might contact them, but their prices seem a little high for one-on-one

How much were you expecting to spend for Chinese lessons from a qualified teacher?

If you have decided you don't really need a teacher, just looking for a language exchange with a Chinese friend may be the way to go. I've neve had much luck doing it that way, but it seems that others have.