Chinese-Forums

Short Stories

grashopa99

If you're a beginner only looking for one-pagers, you're probably better off with something like the Chinese Breeze graded readers (search the forums for more info).

Also, just for future reference, 小说 usually means novels so searching for that in Chinese won't help you find what you want. 短篇小说 works better for short stories.

"Ha. Fun little site, Ludens. I dare everyone to watch this one without chuckling. "

Awesome, I understand that one :) di di da! di di da! the sheets got wet! Haha shi da da, shi da da! At least I picked up all the words from the drawings. Good stuff. I still prefer to read the stories at the other link though, it just goes slower.

Thanks guys!

Here is a link to a short previous thread which had some information about 小小说, as well as a very short (164 character) example (and a joke):

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/14652-%E5%B0%8F%E5%B0%8F%E8%AF%B4-chinese-short-short-stories/

Also there is a book of chinese short short stories in translation, "An Anthology of Chinese Short Short Stories",

http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Chinese-Short-Stories-Panda/dp/7119038818/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1319714368&sr=8-2

It isn't too hard to find at least some of the originals on the web...