Chinese-Forums

韩寒and方舟子's blog fight

semola

So it wouldn't prove anything to me if he crashed and burned in an oral classical literature exam.

No need for a PhD-level oral exam, but it would be helpful for him to explain on video how he wrote the book, what kind of literature he consulted, and what he understand of them. It would help more than what he's done so far on his blog and the other interviews.

I don't know how to describe it precisely in English, but I believe the Chinese word is 轻浮的。 On most Chinese forums are just posts with only several characters, if you post something long, hard to understand and boring, even if that's artistically great or thoughtful opinion, people just ignore your post.

I heard people use the word 浮躁 quite often. That might be the word.

I am not interested in this whole dispute. But why would it be hard to copy by hand a set of manuscript written by another writer? If it was very well-planned, he could even do this before the publication of the book, just in case. Now I am just curious how convincing a manuscript can be. <

Experts would compare the manuscript with his usual handwriting, so others couldn't forge it.

And there could be dating test to see when the manuscript was done, although not so precisely. But I do not think Han would have planned all this manuscript plot when he was even 16 and saved all the manuscript till now; also I think a newly-written manuscript would be easily differentiated from a old one, wouldn't it?

And I think it's not that impossible for a student to know these knowledge.

First, some "implication and literature allusion" is imposed on the original work.If you have read 三重门, it's easy to see that Han didn't have grasped the essence of much books he read. It's really showoff words he remembered and used in his books.

Beside that, it's quite normal for someone who love to read extensively to put down rare words or stories to a notebook, and when he is writing he tries everything in his essays. I did that too, copying many 诗词 that are unfamiliar to others and use them in my essay. I also skipped over dictionary(辞典,还有成语辞典) to find rarely used words. The time I don't know even what past tense is I have known words like serenity and vendetta. I quote metaphysics and Zarathustra and Will of Power in my essays because I sometime read Kant and Nietzsche.(At that time I don't understand them either, yet using that complex and rare words in my essay did meet my peacockery :evil: yet now I started learning philosophy and just started on a collection of Descarte's books ).

And how much time do I got on reading? The truth is less than 5h/week. 5h/week for 7,8,10 grades. Basically no time for books in 9,11,12 because I have exams. So I suppose it's not so hard for Han, someone who claimed to skip regular classes and read extensively to have that level of knowledge.

Gato:

So I don't really think he could recall books he read more than 10 years ago, and tell exactly the literature value of books that he just extract

I heard people use the word 浮躁 quite often. That might be the word.

Yes they do. But I'm finding a adjective that describe it precisely in English, last time in my essay I used Jazz Age.. :P

Gato:

So I don't really think he could recall books he read more than 10 years ago, and tell exactly the literature value of books that he just extract

Sorry I wrongly posted it before I finish my sentence.

So I don't really think he could recall books he read more than 10 years ago, and tell exactly the literature value of books in which he extracts some rare words to show off.

Re: #50

Getting to know one by looking at his enemies. One reason I like Fang is that his enemies are scoundrels, hypocrites and flatterers.

Chen Cun is reaching a record.

@陈村 : 请@平安北京 关注,绿卡华人@方舟子 实名在新浪微博重发他在被中国大陆屏蔽的新语丝网站挂了十多年的诗歌,删除缘由,企图误导传媒青年因无知激情在电视节目播出六四五周年祭的诗,令大陆传媒和青年传媒受伤,造成纷乱。他在美国的言行无须监管,但危害青年应予以警惕。本人实名举报

Chen is reporting to the authority for Fang has post his poem (Fang's poem) that has dissent messages. Geez, I can't imagine what Chen did during revolutionary years.