Chinese-Forums

Single? Sad? Read this.

kari

The only time I have tried to start a relationship with a Chinese woman ended without success. She acted like she really liked me at first, but that quickly cooled down to the point where we have no more contact than is necessary, even though it is cordial. No discussion, no explanation for the change has been offered. That's ok. I have moved on into a relationship that is excellent in many ways except that it's long distance. Since I now fly a lot, my arms have gotten much stronger.

• Like 1

Generalisations, always fun. Although many of the men in China who will never get married are poor, still lots and lots of poor men (the majority, even?) get married.

Although men supposedly only want hot young women, in the end most women, including the ugly ones, end up married, and although all women eventually become older women (unless they die), most men don't divorce their wives when they get old.

And from what I hear, single men over 30 also start getting pressure from their family, perhaps not so much because of a supposed expiry date, but because the parents want to hold that grandchild in their arms so hurry up with that already.