Chinese-Forums

Asian stereotypes and racism in novels

Azure Boone

yes, after clicking that link for the Chinese term for heterochromia, that is exactly what it is.

Forgot to mention about the guy not seeming very demonic. And really, he isn't demonic, he uses his psychic shield to hide from the coven who forced him to take the demon, and bound the demon inside himself to protect women. The demon has a lure that attracts women to him, so he uses his shield to create a repulsive aura. But Sheeku's power trumps his and the demon's, allowing her to "like" him, which he's not had in over ten years. But it's a learn as he goes thing and he can never be sure nor will he risk her soul. But the more she falls in love with him, the less control he has over his shield and the more dangerous things get with the demon. So the demon conflict is maintained till the end and the external conflict with Sheeku's uncle also escalates as well and both climax together in book three.

The latest challenge they've given me is requiring his demon conflict to be resolved in book two. The wanted it resolved in book ONE! But thankfully, my editor agrees that it's a far reaching conflict and isn't supposed to be resolved yet. So, I resolve other issues in each book. It's one of those things where they want the book to stand alone and yet continue. The story was written as one story however, so breaking it down into three has really been kicking me in the rear.

edit: (great minds think alike)

And since I didn't think of it, in spite of having recommended that very approach to someone else a couple weeks ago, I think we've pretty much established the state of my mind :wall

#79 --

Wished I knew how to work the darn "quote" function.

Here's how to do it: (taken from @imron's explanation)

-- Copy the text you want to quote.

-- Paste the text into the "Reply" text field.

-- Select the text with the mouse.

-- Hit the quote icon (this will place quote tags around the text)

-- Type your reply.

-- Repeat as needed.

The quote icon referred to in the above explanation is in the lower row of formatting tools above the text box. It's the 7th one from the right. If you mouse over those icons slowly it will tell you what they all are for.

Here's more about it:

http://www.chinese-f...e-quote-button/

Edit: Looks like you already got it figured out.