Chinese-Forums

Looking for a female apartment in Beijing ASAP

parrraxitamoan

Hello everyone,

I am quite in a rush of getting a female apartment in Beijing starting from this late August until the end of September. If you have one or know someone I could ask please contact me by hoang.pham@metropolia.fi or send me a facebook mess www.facebook.com/hoang.pham.tien

Thank you very much

Pham

What is a female apartment? I've never heard the term. Must it have pink lace curtains or some other similar delicate girlish touches?

Realize that this is your first post, and I'm not trying to make fun of you. Would suggest you list more details of what you are looking for. For example, size, cost, location.

Renting for just one month will be difficult at best. Consider a serviced apartment or an apartment hotel.

• Like 1

Oh I have just realised that in Beijing people dont really have the kind of shared apartments with common kitchens and toilets, but only studios. so I guess thats the reason there is no male/female apartment. Right? The location doesnt really matter if it can be around at most 15 mins of walking from the nearest metro station otherwise I would wish it to have a good transportation connection with the city center, size enough for 1 person to live comfortably, and costs no more than 3000 a month. I have tried to check those URLs from the pinned topic about finding an aparment but most of them from those websites that have English option are too big for 1 person (>35m2 squares) and thats why they also cost too much (>3500/month). I am from Finland, studio apartments with that size here usually cost no more than 350 EUR (3200 yuan). Isnt it wrong for me to expect Beijing wouldnt be more expensive than Northern Europe? :(

I now understand your requirements better. Renting a room in an apartment that you share with some other ladies should be an economical option. Unfortunately, I don't live in Beijing, and I don't know Beijing prices.

Here is a good recent thread that might give you some useful ideas.

http://www.chinese-f...ing-in-beijing/

I am from Finland, studio apartments with that size here usually cost no more than 350 EUR (3200 yuan). Isnt it wrong for me to expect Beijing wouldnt be more expensive than Northern Europe?

China isn't necessarily more expensive then Nothern Europe or vice versa. It strongly depends on what you compare. (luxery furnished versus bare bones etc) I don't know the real estate market in China or Finland for that matter. But generally price strongly correlates with location. It makes no sense to compare rent in a small town in Finland with rent in the centre of an international Metropolis like Beijing.

Also keep in mind that if you want to rent an apartment without knowing the local language and/or from a distance you most likely end up in a somewhat higher market segment and will pay a premium. The cheap bare bone housing won't be offered by an international/expat targeting real estate agency. There is no money to be made on these.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...