Chinese-Forums

what I really miss now that im back in states

sunkaer

here's what i hate about assigned seating in theatres . . . people in Hong Kong who show up in the first five minutes of the movie.

It tends not to happen as much in the US, because people arrive earlier (not early, but earlier) in order to get a better seat.

• 1 year later...

I'd never thought about assigned seating until I was visiting Kuwait. My sister and I went to see "Without a Paddle" and when we bought out tickets we were asked to choose where we wanted to sit. Silly me, I thought it was a courtesy thing and just said "oh no that's okay we will just choose when we go in." (Because yes, it does suck to sit near people that give a running commentary, and then when you go in you can choose) Anyways, we were forced to actually pick seats so we chose some in the rear left (rear centre was booked).

So, my sister and I go into the theatre, and it is completly empty! Nobody had sat in the top centre seats when the movie began so we moved into those seats. That lasted about 2mins, then an usher came in and told us to go sit in our seats. In the end nobody else came to watch the movie and we were forced to sit off to the left and watch the Kuwaity-edit of "Without a paddle."

Other than a weird first impression of assigned seating, I think it is a pretty cool idea.

Oh, and I still havent seen a normal edition of Without a Paddle. It was played on the plane ride home, but that was also edited so that it could be shown to a general audience.

Oh well,

AnQi