Chinese-Forums

Problems posting? Hit CTRL+F5, then look in here.

roddy

Although the fact that I just spent 10 minutes troubleshooting the lack of reputation buttons on this topic before realising that I'm the only person to have posted, and that you don't see those buttons on your own posts, indicates it might be time for a rest. 

Changes you might notice - the Google search now goes to a full page, rather than a pop up. I prefer this. It's a bit ad-heavy at the moment - I have a payment pending with Google as I try to get those removed. 

The editor now handles quotes differently. I would not personally say it handles them better....

Since the update, I can no longer use Firefox to post. My posts disappear if I attempt to proofread and edit them via the "More Reply Options" at the bottom of the "Reply to this topic" box. I get an error message on a blank box saying "you must enter a post."

Firefox 24.0 (up to date)

Windows 7 ultimate, SP 1 (up to date)

I will check my Firefox plug-ins and add-ons.

Seems to work OK on Internet Explorer, but I dislike using that browser. Plus I've become addicted to Perapera for checking my Hanzi.

Ok, I can make and edit posts on both browsers. Could you if possible...

a) Hit CTRL+ F5 to force a reload of various css / javascript files
b) Try running without any add-ons or extensions. To do this in IE, Click Start then type 'internet explorer' - you should see two applications come up, IE, and IE (No Add-ons). In Firefox, click the Firefox button at top right, Help, Restart with add-ons disabled. 

You could also try hitting the top left button in the editor (looks like a little light switch). This will disable a lot of the javascript and might prevent any conflict. 

In the past editor problems have been down to a conflict with browser add-ons. 

Let me know what happens, and I will see what I can do. If it is a problem with an add-on I can contact the author and also the folk that make the editor.

Edit: I installed Perapera on Firefox, but it still worked fine in my case at least. Wanted to check that one though, as presumably a lot of people use it.

Making some changes to the Google search function, let me know if there are any problems. Have tested on Chrome, Firefox and IE. You may find the results page very ad-heavy - I'm having trouble getting a payment through to remove those. 

Incidentally, while testing I was using random member names as search terms, and I've ended up deciding to redecorate