Chinese-Forums

Questions about student X2 visa

csh

Hi there,

I've planned to join next year (2014) a short-term 3 month Chinese language course at Shanghai International Studies University from 10 of March to 10 of June.

My doubts are so simple.

• With X2 visa, Do I have to request for a temporary residence?
  • When will I be able to entry in China? How many days before 10 of March?
  • When I have to leave China? How many days after 10 of June?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi,

Just got my X2 visa approved and what i read on this site you don't need to apply for temporary residence for such a short time. A X2-visa has period of validity for 3 months once it has been approved and 180 days stay from your first entry.

So it depends on when your first entry is, but say that you fly in on the 10th of march then you can stay 180 days in China before you have to leave the country.

Hope this mind it a little bit clearer? :)

Regards

David

• Like 3

You do not need a residence permit. You do need to register your address with the local police station but this is a very simple process and your school should help. 

Date of entry depends on the visa - I haven't seen an X2, but I'd expect it to let you enter anytime - you just need to make sure the duration is long enough to cover the course. 

This depends on the visa they give you - I'm not sure if they're handing out 180 day visas as standard, or if they're looking at the length of the course and changing duration accordingly. You might want to say when applying that you're planning travel or whatever after the course. 

Welcome to the site, if you have any questions about SISU you could try asking here

• Like 2

I borrow your thread for a moment. If you've read my other post you can see that i got a X2-visa approved for 6 months, got an invitation from a private school. But if it turns out i find another school in an another city that suits my needs better is it okey to go there or am i stuck in the that school i got the invitation from?

Get the invitation letter from SISU, then apply for your visa. Just tell them what you'd like and why and see what they give you. There's really not a great deal else you can do, I think. 

You could try asking your local embassy / consulate, but generally they don't have a very good reputation for picking up the phone. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...