Chinese-Forums

Name in Chinese?

Skillty

• 3 months later...

I see my post of March 2014. Have a little more information. I am looking for Yang given name, Ju family name. Although I have been told the Yang is usually the family name  I have been able to verify with 100% that Ju his the family name. I now know as of early May the specific Yang Ju date of birth is 1961 is still in the United Kingdom. My questions are 1) what would his name look like in Chinese with Ju being the family name 2) any ideas for finding him on social media since I can't find him English sites. He is from China so would not be British Chinese.

Dear Lauarie--There's a book for sale on-line by a certain 鞠阳 entitled 电网监控技术 ("Power Network Monitoring Technology"~ISBN:9787512339941), since you said that the Ju Yang you're seeking is a control engineer I think there's a strong possibility that he's the author. He teaches at the 南京工程学院(Nanjing Institute of Technology). If I understand you correctly you think he's in the U.K., but since you can't find Mr. Ju you can't really be sure he hasn't left the U.K. and gone back to China.

From my original post I have had confirmation in early May that he is still in UK as two months ago. Technology and computers are not his area of speciality. Thank you for looking. Last time I look he hasn't gotten married in the UK. But of course I can't check China although doubtful marriage there since 2003.

Don't mean to be rude but you said (in your 3/15/14 post) that he is a "controls engineer"--definitely a technology-based profession. Maybe you should get in touch with the professional society for people engaged in his line of work in Britain. I wonder if real estate transactions are a matter of public record in the U.K? Maybe if he's bought a house, you might be able to look his address up that way. It's possible he's adopted a new given name or changed the way he spells his actual name--perhaps such a name change would show up somewhere in public records.