Chinese-Forums

One story of a Western girl getting married to a Chinese guy

xuefang

You looked so beautiful on your big day!!  Xuefang  So is your hubby....I mean handsome.. :P  Congrats to your hubby to get such a kind and nice girl like you!!  I'm new here. It's my 1st post on the forum. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello and congratulations. Did you say you met him in December and were married by Valentine's Day? What made you feel comfortable with such a quick decision? How did you meet if you don't mind me asking? 

• New Members

Ah I didn't actually read through the comments before posting that. How did you know he's the one? Did you meet through friends or a dating site? 

The 2 year residence permit is great. My husband's houkou was in the city where we lived but I was still only given one year. I think I was told that when I renew it I would receive 2 years, though I didn't stay in China long enough to find out. 

@ Haishan,

You probably already noticed that we met in December 2012 and married on Valentine's Day 2014. So we were together for a year before getting married.

We met through a classmate of mine, his girlfriend had just left him and he asked a bunch of friends to a bar to forget it all. I was actually invited there through a friend of mine, who I happened to spend that day with so I didn't get a direct invitation to this "break up party". But my husband was a good friend of his and we ended up sitting in the same table. Hours later others had left already, including the broken hearth classmate, but we just keep on talking. Have been together ever since.

How did I know he is the one? After not so successful relationships it just feels so right to be with my husband. He treats me well, helps me to become a better person and always shares his honest adivce on things even it's hard to hear sometimes. We  value similar things and have plans for the future that fit well together. He is responsible and lets me do the things I love. Oh and he loves my cats ;)

• Like 2