Chinese-Forums

Qiao Hu Study Guides for Beginners

victorhart

Please note that Study Guide 4 has been updated because the link was broken. I was very happy to finally find a new version of it on YouTube, and all I did was change the link and modify the times of each segment, since it has some extra seconds of introduction in the beginning.

The episode reviewed in Study Guide 4 is perfect for learning or reviewing the names of shapes in Mandarin.

• 1 month later...

Qiao Hu Study 8 is fresh off the press! This time I selected four particularly instructive video segments from two different Qiao Hu episodes and edited them into a single video, on which I based the study guide. Thus, it packs added learning punch per minute of viewing! I hope you will enjoy and benefit from this video and the guide.

Qiao Hu Study Guide 8 – Compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpntRHmFCqw

Viewing time: 19:09

Segments / Sources

Primary benefits:

(1) Learn how to sing “Happy Birthday” in Mandarin.

(2) Learn colors and shapes.

(3) Learn vocabulary and expressions related to clocks and telling time.

My level when I saw and reviewed it: 250 total study/viewing hours

qiao_hu_SG_8.docx

Thanks to this thread I discovered this show. It's great for learning. It's the only programme I've found that speaks Chinese at my level (I did mock HSK 4 test a few days ago and found it fairly easy, but HSK 5 is way too difficult for me (at least, the listening component is). Every other show is a real chore (endless pausing and rewinding). Watching this is actually fun because I can enjoy it!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am happy to bring you Qiao Hu Study Guide 9. These study guides do not, of themselves, teach any Mandarin, but they suggest a highly instructive and fun-to-watch Qiao Hu video and give beginners a clue of what to listen for while watching. They may also serve as a benchmark for progress.

After 300 hours of watching a variety of authentic videos in Mandarin (including practicing some songs), I have made a bit of progress. I can now, especially when repeating segments of a Qiao Hu episode several times, get the gist of what is being said, and certainly pick up a lot of words and short sentences. Thus, I have changed the guides slightly. I now provide a partial translation of each segment. There are chunks missing, indicated by ellipses (. . .). The parts I'm confident I understand are underlined and bold, the ones I believe I understand are just bold, and when it's more a guess, it's plain text.

Qiao Hu Study Guide 9

Summary

Episode: 2012 9台版幼幼版 Part 1/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWiJFfekv_g

Viewing time: 11:50 (Part 1/2)

Section Breakdown

Title

Start time

Where Is My Friend

0:00

Good Hygiene

2:50

Doctor’s Visit

4:56

I Will Be Brave

9:08

Bringing Home Baby Sister

9:35

Primary benefits:

(1) Review beginning vocabulary in short, comprehensible complete sentences.

(2) Learn a catchy song that reinforces numbers 1-7 and how to ask and answer “Where” questions.

(3) Learn vocabulary and expressions related to hygiene and doctor’s visits.

(4) Reinforce vocabulary and expressions related to families and newborns.

My level when I saw and reviewed it: 300 total study/viewing hours

qiao_hu_SG_9.docx

• 4 weeks later...

Qiao hu is a very cute anime character, my little nephew love him very much! so cute and very eduational for children.

Also a very good learning way for people who begin to learn Chinese