Chinese-Forums

Teresa Teng

badatpool

I found this:

Lots of Teresa Teng's Japanese songs with lyrics (Japanese/Romaji) + real player files.

http://www.mekongdelta.org/teresateng.php

See also stream video at the bottom of the page.

EDIT:

I found a new Deng Lijun's (Terese Teng's) song I like very much - 北国の春 ("Kitaguni-no Haru" - Japanese) or 北国之春天 in Chinese.

Publishing here the Chinese translation of the Japanese folk-song (only one Chinese part is sung). You can get the Japanese part of the song in the above link.

我衷心的谢谢你

Wǒ zhōngxīn di xièxiè nǐ

一番关怀和情意

yī fān guānhuái hé qíngyì

如果没有你给我爱的滋润

rúguǒ méiyǒu nǐ gěi wǒ ài di zīrùn

我的生命将会失去意义

Wǒ di shēngmìng jiāng huì shīqù yìyì

我们在春风里陶醉飘逸

wǒmen zài chūnfēng lǐ táozuì piāoyì

仲夏夜里绵绵细语

zhōngxiàyè lǐ miánmiánxìyǔ

聆听那秋虫它轻轻在

língtīng nà qiūchóng tā qīngqīng zài

呢喃迎雪花飘满地

nínán yíng xuě huā piāo mǎndì

我的平凡岁月里有了一个你

wǒ di píngfán suìyuè lǐ yǒu le yi ge nǐ

显得充满活力

xiǎn de chōngmǎn huólì

The musical score in Teng's Japanese songs have an exquisite, haunting beauty. She adds to this beauty with her subtle voice combined with vocal power. Few singers can pull that off without sounding cacophonous.

One of her lesser known songs resung in Mandarin: 雪地上的回憶

冷漠的月 暗淡的星 孤獨的人影

冷冽的風 刺骨的冰雪 涼透了我的心

一樣是下著雪 一樣是冰寒雪地裡

我們倆曾有過纏綿的愛繾綣的情

回憶似夢 欲尋無蹤 無奈這份情

陣陣寒風交加著冰雪 不憐我這斷腸人

勾起了我傷感 惹起我脆弱的心靈

再一度回憶那破碎的愛失落的情

明知道不能不能再把你來想起 為何腦海裡盡是你人影

明知道往事往事像舊夢難追尋 卻又刻骨銘心

盼望著冰雪早融化 好讓我忘了這段情 等待著春天來臨

Thanks, Bhchao - I saved the lyrics but will be able to download the MP3 file from home when I have a chance.

Attaching here the lyrics (Hanzi + Pinyin) for 偿还 (償還) - the Chinese version of Tsugunai (J.). I made a vocabulary at the end.

I have made a few andI am making more of those. Might post later.

Changhuan (Deng Lijun - Teresa Teng) (Tsugunai).txt

Excellent song, Bhchao! Thanks. Here's the Japanese lyrics:

テレサ・テン

氷雨

飲ませて下さい、もう少し、

今夜は帰らない、帰りたくない、

誰が待つというのあの部屋で、

そうよ、誰もいないわ、今では、

歌は鳴いて下さい、

その歌は、分かれたあの人

の思い出すから、

飲めばやけに、涙ぼろ

くなる、こんな私許してください、

外は冬の雨またやまる、

この胸を濡らす様に、

傘がないわけじゃないけれど、

帰りたくない、

もっとよう、本当に飲ん

であの人、忘れたいから、

私を捨てたあの人、今さら、

悔やんでも仕方ないけど、

未練の頃、消せるこんな夜、

女一人飲む酒わびしい、

酔ってなんかいないわ、

泣いてない、タバコの煙目

に沁みただけなの、

私酔えば家に帰ります、

あなたそんな心配しないで、

外は冬の雨またやまる、

この胸を濡らす様に、

傘がないわけじゃないけれど、

帰りたくない、

もっとよう、本当に飲んであの人、

忘れたいから、忘れたいから

Do you have the Japanese version?

Thanks a lot again, Bhchao. :)

Publishing a few more Teresa Teng's lyrics. Format - UTF-8 (best viewed in Wenlin but can be opened in other text editors). Again with Chinese (simp.), Pinyin and some vocab. Some have English translations (not mine).

Not sure if the correct Chinese name is "机场" or "情人的关怀" for the Japanese song called 空港 [kuukou - airport]?

Airen (Deng Lijun - Teresa Teng).txt

Tian Mi Mi (Deng Lijun - Teresa Teng).txt

Jichang (kuukou - airport).txt

wong faye is not doing to bad in that department.

She's fairly popular in all the above mentioned countries as well as France and other European countries.

Jay Chou is grabbing the fame too. I like his recent song 牛仔很忙 . In a radio clip he insisted to keep his style : 咬字不清. haha~

Vocab time......

Could anyone list adjectives to describe Teresa Tang's voice? (How would you translate them into English? )

- 軟綿綿

- 恰似吳儂軟語

- 情意綿綿

- 柔腸寸斷

- 靡靡之音 (originally derogatory--- Teresa has made it become the best word for praising all singers. :mrgreen:)

- 嬌柔欲滴

Jay Chou is grabbing the fame too. I like his recent song 牛仔很忙 . In a radio clip he insisted to keep his style : 咬字不清. haha~

Jay Chou has talent, although I am not a big fan of his voice (sounds like mumbling at times). His songs are good though and he does have his own style. I prefer his ballads.

• 1 month later...

The Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) has done a series on past popular singers including Roman Tam (羅文), Anita Mui (梅艷芳), Teresa Tang (鄧麗君), Lesley Cheung (張國榮), Wong Kar-kui (黃家駒) and Danny Chan (陳百強).

The episode on Teresa Tang is fairly good. It was aired during dinner time last Saturday and instead of focusing on our food my mom and I simply watched the TV. :) I like the last parts better. She sang like an angel at the end of part 3 (the part about the cancellation of her marriage engagement).

Because of copyright issues RTHK is unable to put the programme on its web for people to view later (this is what RTHK ususally does). Luckily there is youtube.

The programme is in Mandarin and Cantonese with subtitles in traditional Chinese.

Watch -> 1 2 3 4 5

And I was a bit surprised that Teresa Tang was in the programme. RTHK obviously considers her to be one of our stars, which is good. :)

• 1 month later...

I recently bought 天國的情人, an album collection of Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, and Japanese songs from Teng, including her singing for the troops.

Her best rendition of the song 再見我的愛人 was featured on that album, and is the same rendition found here. It is the best rendition in my opinion because it is free-flowing, and sung straight from the heart. It was the last song she gave at a concert in HK in 1982 (when she was 29).

Flawless Mandarin pronunciation here: 今晚要的愛

Lyrics:

為了相約要見面

為你梳妝又打扮

希望能高雅又大方

留給你好印象

等了一天又一天

終于盼到要相見

怕你說我相思消瘦

紅粉多搽一點點

約好今晚七點半

時間像牛一樣慢

坐不安,立不安

聽說這叫做初戀

Teng makes any dialect sound elegant.

• 2 months later...

Came across this rare song from Teng: 惜别

Doesn't look like it is found in any of her albums. But it sounds like she is the original singer.

Lyrics:

為何不回頭再望一眼

為何不輕輕揮你的手

你就這樣離我而遠去

留下一份淡淡的離愁

為何不回頭再看看我

我想再輕輕握你的手

向你訴說你可不要走

願你再能那樣愛我

問你到底這是誰的錯

相愛何必又要分手

無奈何輕輕的一聲

但願你可不要忘了我

為何不回頭再看看我

我想再輕輕握你的手

向你訴說你可不要走

願你再能那樣愛我

Simplified:

为何不回头再望一眼

为何不轻轻挥你的手

你就这样离我而远去

留下一份淡淡的离愁

为何不回头再看看我

我想再轻轻握你的手

向你诉说你可不要走

愿你再能那样爱我

问你到底这是谁的错

相爱何必又要分手

无奈何轻轻叮一声

但愿你可不要忘了我

为何不回头再看看我

我想再轻轻握你的手

向你诉说你可不要走

愿你再能那样爱我

Two versions of the song 恰似你的溫柔, one from Teng and the other from the veteran singer 蔡琴. (I like Tsai's version slightly more than Teng's)

蔡琴's version

Teng's version

Lyrics:

某年某月的某一天

就像是一張破碎的臉

難以開口道再見

就讓一切走遠

這不是件容易的事

我們卻都沒有哭泣

讓它淡淡的來

讓它好好的去

到如今年復一年

我不能停止懷念

懷念你 懷念從前

但願那海風再起

只為那浪花的手

恰似你的溫柔

Thanks for your contributions, Bhchao. I listened to 惜别, will download and listen to 恰似你的温柔 later.

We recently learned Deng Lijun's 月亮代表我的心 in the Chinese class, so instead of reading a new text we devoted 2 hours to learning to sing this song! I enjoyed the exercise, although some of my classmates who don't like singing winged a bit. Our laoshi turned out to be a good music teacher as well.

I'm going to listen to some of Cai Qin's (蔡琴) (following your post) and Feng Feifei's (凤飞飞) songs. Someone recommended Feng Feifei but I haven't listened to any yet.

To be honest, I haven't found a better female Chinese singer than Deng Lijun but that's my taste.

Hi Atitarev, here is a nice Cantonese song from Teng: 遇見你

Although Cantonese is not my spoken dialect, I love the rhythmic beat in that song (as sung in Teng's style), and can understand the song based on its lyrics.

遇見你找到心中愛的影子

你的心透出了絲絲美麗情意

無言地像看見幸福在凝聚

愛己開始

情難自禁心里喜歡你

共你一起極詩意

今我傾心祗是你

無限柔情愛意極甜膩

共你相識是天意

共你一起天造美

今天開始全屬你

遇見你找到心中愛的影子