Chinese-Forums

10 important news in China in 2014

maomao2014

Hello, I made a video about 10 important news in China in 2014. The video was censored by Youku at first. After deleting the part mentioning Kim Jong-un version Little Apple (a brain washed legendary song in 2014 2014年洗脑神曲《小苹果》),it was finally released.

About Kim Jong-un version Little Apple:  Once the spoof video was released, North Korean government protested against the video, Chinese government did not respond publicly, but deleted all the videos on Chinese websites secretly.

YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmNG_7B_I8I

Youku: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODYwNTkxMzM2.html

Kim Jong-un version Little Apple, quite funny https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ePL8alRh0

Welcome to give advice or comments

• Like 2

Nice video, lots of it was new to me, I didn't realise Wang Fei was back with that guy, I thought she was going to be a nun!... Also I didn't know there was a new Return of the Condor Heroes. Helpful to have Chinese subtitles on the video too.

And how did I miss Little Apple?! That tune is now destroying my brain...

You wrote: "a brain washed legendary song" which I understand but looks slightly odd in English so I'm guessing it's a direct translation from Chinese -- in which case what are the Chinese words?

We mentioned Little Apple at the thread titled "Chinese Language Songs on YouTube"

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/46692-chinese-language-songs-on-youtube/

It didn't get much traction so not much people read it.

I guess it's one of those songs that are so catchy that you just can't get it out of your head.

I heard it once and don't see the appeal. Don't even remember any of it now. Not one bit. :Koboshrugsshoulderssmilie:

The most important event of 2014 for me was the "final solution" to the Google "problem" on May 31, 2014. I have to have my VPN on 24/7 on all my devices since then. Many more websites and services got blocked since then during the year, but the Google ban hit the expat community the hardest. It was just a cold reminder that we're not welcome here and have to leave, sooner or later.

• Like 1

Hi, I just made a video to introduce Chinese history from Yan and Huang Emperors to Shang Dynasty. It is just a simple introduction. I am not quite sure whether I explained clearly in the video or whether people who do not know much about China can understand?

Please give some comments? It would be very helpful because I am planning to do the introduction of Zhou Dynasty this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3AVVY1Cc7k

• Like 1

The most important event of 2014 for me was the "final solution" to the Google "problem" on May 31, 2014. I have to have my VPN on 24/7 on all my devices since then. Many more websites and services got blocked since then during the year, but the Google ban hit the expat community the hardest. It was just a cold reminder that we're not welcome here and have to leave, sooner or later.

My Google phone (Nexus) did a massive update when I went back to Europe this Christmas. Came back and nothing works, not even Google Music, must be connecting to the internet of something  :roll:

That's quite bad. Is this forum banned in mainland China?

nope, never had any problems accessing it here, don't need a VPN. The blocking of websites in mainland China seems to be at almost random at times. 

• Like 1

I made a video talking about Zhou dynasty. Zhou Dynasty is divided into Western Zhou and Eastern Zhou, and Eastern Zhou is divided into two periods Spring and Autumn Period and Warring States Period. In the video I am talking about the story of Jiang Zi Ya (姜太公钓鱼,愿者上钩),the last King of Eastern Zhou Dynasty (烽火戏诸侯), Tomb Sweeping Festival (清明节),Xishi( one of four beauties in ancient China) and introduce some TV shows and movies about this period of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdeM_ZYujds

I hope I explained it clearly, and hopefully it is not too complicated to people who do not know much about Chinese history.  

I went and had a look at the Zhou dynasty video. I could not watch it because the quality of the audio is very bad. It is distorted and sounds like you are talking from inside a small box (there is a very small amount of echo/reverb).

This made it very unpleasant to listen to.

i am sure the information and the pictures would be interesting but it was very difficult to cope with the quality of the audio.

I am telling you this because I hope to bring it to your attention that the audio quality is very important to encourage people to listen and watch your videos which I am sure you have put a lot of hard work into.

I am sure you must have listened to it before you put it up on YouTube and I am surprised you were satisfied with it.

Not knowing what equipment you used or how you put this video together, I can not offer you any suggestions for improvements.

I hope you realise I am not criticizing the content, or the effort you put in, only the quality of the audio.

• Like 1

Yes it is most likely the microphone is at fault. it is worth investing in a good one because converting from audio to electrical signal is the hard bit and the better quality mic the better chance you have of it sounding good.

Also spend a bit of time setting up the levels and practicing being the right distance from the mic.