Chinese-Forums

10 important news in China in 2014

maomao2014

Chinese people love to watch so called history show. Tang and Qing dynasties are the two most popular dynasties to directors as the stories are familiar to audiences so it is easy to make and safe to invest.
I just made a video talking about why Chinese people like to watch history TV shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2WVVjGoPZA&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully this time the quality of audio is improved.

I just made a video about how Chinese people viewed westerners inspired by the post Chinese people think every western men with beard are muslim or Arab.

Not surprisingly, it is banned in Youku again. From the time I started to make videos, I find how strict the Chinese internet policies are. Now I am thinking the Chinese government always say the western media misunderstand China, but if you do not allow us to say freely, how can the western media knows China better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MZpc_kfPzU&feature=youtu.be

Chinese people love to watch so called history show. Tang and Qing dynasties are the two most popular dynasties to directors as the stories are familiar to audiences so it is easy to make and safe to invest.

I'm not sure it is out of love. It is more lack of choice.

• Like 1

@Johnny20270 that is true, but I would like to share the video with my friend and family in China :)

@liuzhou  It is quite difficult to make the TV show current time setting especially if involving some sensitive topics like corruption. It is probably the intense relationship between patients and doctors, so last year there are a lot of TV shows about doctors

People can choose not to watch. 

People can choose not to watch. 

Many do. Most of the people I know who watch TV spend their time watching Korean soap operas on pirated DVDs rather than the broadcast stuff which they tell me is boring. Many more are playing computer games and chatting through WeChat or QQ.

上海素鸭 is a Buddhist vegetarian dish said to resemble duck. Recipe and pictures here (in Chinese)

驴打滚 is also known as 豆面糕 or 'bean flour cake', is a traditional Dongbei snack made from glutinous rice spread with red bean paste and rolled like a Swiss Roll.

Picture here.

• Like 1